Customer reviews

on 21 January 2013
I cannot recommend this book more highly. The author writes so clearly. I have read stories in the bible about Jesus but this book fills in so much of the historical context and makes more sense of the passages. The chapters are only 2 or 3 pages each so can be read at any time, but give you so much to think about.
on 15 December 2012
Bite sized gems of insight into the customs and mindset of the community in which Christ lived and into which the NT was written.
on 3 October 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and felt it gave me a lot of insight into the culture of Jesus in His day. It also opened my eyes to the untruths that are infiltrating the church today. I would highly recommend this book also for a Bible Study Group.
on 29 April 2013
i have not read this book yet but my husband who is a methodist local preacher has said that he found the ideas in it interesting though possibly nothing new!
on 29 September 2015
D I-B is clear, authentic, authoritative and entertaining. The hinterland of the Bible, and the NT in particular seems to be an unknown territory to us, hindered as we are by culture and security fears. D I-B banishes ignorance, enhances belief and trust in our magnificent Saviour, and gives us confidence to pursue the exploration of our faith with confidence.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 August 2015
Excellent book, easy to read and a great starting point for learning more about Jesus.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse