TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 January 2017
This little book is nicely presented (especially in hardback) and is entertaining to read. It's written as if the contents were real - that is, it's an in-universe narrative designed as if the reader is learning the secrets of the Jedi. The idea is that by reading this book so you'll better understand how to be a Jedi ... and, in this imaginative way, this book is a lot of fun.

However, it's very insubstantial. There's not much content - and what is there is often spaced out rather than being concisely presented. What's more, as some of the contents are meant to remain hidden (as forbidden knowledge) so they're crossed out - resulting in page after page being unreadable! In consequence, the actual contents of this book can be read through in a very short period of time.

I got the impression that as "A Manual for Students of the Force" this book is simply too short. It's as if you can learn how to become a Jedi in less than two hours! This is an example of style over substance ... the idea behind this book and the quality of the publication are good, but there's very little to actually engage with.

Nonetheless, as a display item this is a nice book. And it's fun to flick through. For these reasons I do recommend it to fan of Star Wars - so long as it's reasonably priced (i.e. under £5).
on 28 April 2017
a present for my grandson he was very pleased
on 23 March 2017
great love it
on 2 March 2017
Brilliant!!
on 11 November 2010
The Jedi Path is a very original piece of reference text to the Star Wars Universe, the Jedi and the Force. Next to the known content, it also contains original inputs into the Jedi ways and the Force. It's information is very interesting for all fans of the saga.
As a supplement, it comes together with original artworks, and lose pieces of goodies, that are hidden inside the book. You can find pins, napkis, a Padawan braid, and lots more as you walk through the book.
The original case that holds the book is a funny extra to the whole sense. If you are still connected to the kid inside, you cheer up every time you push the button that reveils the book from its chest.
on 3 September 2011
I've seen many people discussing this online, asking if you'd still get the removable items without buying the Vault Edition. No, you don't. HOWEVER! the book itself is still a fantastic piece of fictional reference material. For those who couldnt afford the Vault Edition, definitely consider this one, at such a reasonable price you will not be disappointed. It's jam packed with information, with plenty of new bits created just for this book (and all considered part of the Star Wars canon).

The one think which lets this version down for me is the cover is slightly different to the vault edition, the material is a dull grey instead of the metallic blue of the original, and it's not quite as nice to hold (the original being slightly padded). I guess the main reason for them doing this was to distinguish between the two, so people couldn't interchange them. Anyway, that being said, it's hardly a problem, just me being picky.

It's the sort of book I want to carry with me everywhere (if not for the ridicule haha)
on 28 September 2011
This book is a world of information on the Jedi philosophy and path. Its canonically sound and even adds a little more depth to said canon. I think many fans have been waiting for such a book. Would also like to see a Sith version too.

My only issue, and its not a big one, is that i would love to have seen some sort of acctual instuction on Jedi meditation and such. Yes, i know its only fiction, but it would have great immersion if that sort of thing were present. And come on, how many Jedi fans out there haven't at least once wanted to immerse themselves in the lore like that.

Other than that this book is well worth it for an Star Wars fan.
Fans of the Star Wars Universe have long wanted a manual for the teachings of the Force which is now presented by Daniel Wallace in this wonderfully creative title from Titan. Add to this various fighting styles of the lightsabre, an instruction manual on creating one as well as the teachings of the spiritual side and it's a book that will make a great present for that fan in your life who may well have everything else already.

Finally add to this the wonderful touch of hand written notes from characters who owned this particular copy and it's a book that will give you an experience to remember, even if the fan goes in the back yard to practice his various forms yelling vwoom as the manoeuvre their prototype.
on 25 December 2010
I'm introduced to the world of Star Wars by my husband, who is a big fan. Even though I'm not a fan, I do understand why people adore it. I've watched all the movies, but personally I found the background, the philosphy and the history of SW more interesting. So, I thought, this manual must be the perfect gift for my husband for Christmas.

And it was more than perfect! He has just opened the package and I was dying to see the look on his face. He never heard of The Jedi Path before, so that was a bonus surprise. I let him open the package, but then I took over to remove the plastic lid as I wanted him to have that SW feeling right from the start. He LOVED it!! The way the fault opens is so special and unique, it all adds to the story of the Jedi Path. The sounds and light effects... brilliant, I even loved it!!! What a gift! And that's only the vault! The book itself is stunning with heaps of details and (hidden) extras. My husband named this the best X-mas gift ever! And to be honest, after my husband has read it, I will take a moment to do so myself :)

Yes.. if you're a fan or if you love someone very much who is a fan, this is what you should get!!
on 3 June 2015
Received my book, no fancy box just a book ??
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse