on 6 December 1997
The scariest thing about this book is that it reads like something we could see in the headlines.Mr. Burkette really did his homework on this piece,the action is nonstop and the attention to detail is incredible.From the moment you pick it up you will want to read it right through,IT'S THAT GOOD ! When you compare this book with eschatological scripture in the bible and current world events and organizations it becomes almost nonfiction, especially when you know that there really is a worldwide organization called the Illuminati ! This is must read literature.
on 5 July 1998
A must read for every Christian who realizes the importance of being wise and innocent in these last days. This book will make you think twice before you dismiss anything to coincidence again. If you've ever doubted, the truth of this book is convincing. We are living in the last days. Let us all realize the importance of our time.
on 20 October 1997
A superbly written, woven tale of government corruption, conspiracy theory, and the struggle for world dominance. It's obvious Mr. Burkett has done his research.The suspense is great, the story is well above the average for any fiction, religious or non-religious. One of the few books I have read that I couldn't put down.
on 12 March 1998
I liked this book. It was good. He wrote it well. It reminds me of a hiku. it think i will tell you it_ Silly cat climbs up. Upon the table she sits. I like potatoes.- but serioiusly it was writen very well and a good theory of the future
on 3 May 1998
Most of the activity in this book is actually happening right now, but at a lesser scale. As you read the book, you will say to yourself, "hey, this stuff is happening now!" It keeps you reading from beginning to end without putting it down. I enjoyed it completely.
on 14 August 1999
The book was a fast read but I was annoyed with the way it was written. I didn't like the charactors of the computer whiz and his girl-friend; made you root for the bad-guys. I liked the plot. If somewhat interested in conspiracies and Illuminati purchase the book.
on 22 January 1999
I have never read another fiction christian novel that kept me in suspense like this one did. This and Thor Conspiracy are two of the best written books I have ever read. They were very hard to put down.
on 13 July 1998
The story is interesting - tying in current events with history and a bunch of paranoya conspiracy stuff. The author weaves in a ton of Christian dogma - slowly at first and then so hard core it slaps you in the face. Very anti liberal, morally equating abortion with organ harvesting and the legalization of narcotics. He does mention the Jews in a positive light, but of course hard core testifyin'and witnessing and on your knees prayin' is the way to save the world.
Strangely the right wing saves the world (I don't think I'm ruining the story by saying that). People who have been agnostic their whole lives start to open up to the "wisdom" of Christian dogma and the whole world is saved from the antichrist. Liberals, the media, and people who are against gun-toteing are the cause of all the mess in the world. Sounds realistic!
My recommendation- convert now and hand over your mind to those who really want a new world order. Those who would dictate right an! ! d wrong to you and tell you they know what's best so don't make your own decisions.
We, the real Illuminati like this kind of thing since the author obviously knows nothing about how we really operate. We like disinformation.
-Fnord.
on 9 July 1999
Although this book is fiction, it seemed like another good reminder of the commonly held hidden agenda of the antichrist. I had seen Apocalypse 2/Revelation the video, and Cal Rutland in the Illuminati reminded me of the anitchrist's henchman in Apocalypse 2/Revelation. This book emphasized the tremendous weight of the media/television to impact public opinion. Even now, you have to force yourself to do other things besides watch TV because its easy to just sit there and justify the ungodly stuff that comes over the TV. If you listen to the voice in your conscience that says "breakaway", you are doing good. This was the fastest that I have read a book since JAWS. I thought the parallels concerning what happens to those who serve Satan rivaled the scene in the movie Ghost in which the guy who killed the lead character was being clawed and dragged to hell screaming in fear. This also, matched what Carmen's video shows as the way the warlock dies in "A Witches Invitation". Basically, satan lures people by their own desires and when he is through with them, he discards them to suffer. I think that books like this might possibly re-enforce that christians will have to suffer, and this is a potential warning of it. Jesus said we would be hated because of Him. We are hearing it from many sources such as the bible, prophecy books and fiction. Like training. A good read ! Somewhat farfetched at times. But still a good read !
on 9 April 1997
I'm half way through this book and I'm pondering putting it down. The story line is okay. The writing is good considering Burkett is a Non-Fiction writer. The plot of course is recycled, but that's to be expected. The Characters though are horrible. The antagonist(The Leader, a middle eastern mad man/Hitler reincarnation/Super-Power in himself) is a complete moron. It's like he never read an history book in his life. The Society/Illuminati is controlled by this ONE man and he's totally bent on completing his own personal vendettas before completing the Illuminati's Goal. You would expect the Illuminati to be smarter and less religous than Burkett portrays them as. They've only been at this "Control the World" plot for seval centuries. The protagonist is almost as bad. He's the stereotypical computer genius that figures out the whole plot with his girlfriend whom he is just too shy to consider his girlfriend. Of course, this chick is completly in love with him because of his intelligence and the fact that he respects her because of her abilities and not the fact that her did is this super physicist. The plot after a good build is slowly degrading to predictable. It belongs more in a ""What If" Nazi Germany had occured in America" comic book then in a full fledged novel. The title of the this book should seriously been changed to Nazi America, or Hitler's America. The only thing that stops it from becoming one of those is that it includes this secret (stupid) society that has enginered the fall of the American Economy and rise of the World Economy. I'm just hoping that there is no happy ending and this computer hack protagonist falls flat on his face so I can truly see this "Satan's kingdom on Earth" being strived for by the antagonist. Illuminati Fans Do Not Read This Book. Everyone else: Enjoy a frightning "What If" of America's future manipulated by a secret society bent on world domination.