Customer reviews

on 2 December 2015
Just started to read this book. It arrived very quickly and as expected, was in a great condition.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 May 2012
I bought this book because I thought it would help me improve my store cupboard and it has. I particularly liked the section on ingredients, and how they can be used. The author is not afraid to be critical. When it comes to the recipes, I'm not so sure. I set out to make the 20 minute spicy lentil soup .I wanted to use dried lentils, instead of canned.The author suggested this as a tip but she neglected to say what is the dried equivalent of 2 x400g cans of lentils. I had to go online to check it out. The other problem which I experienced was that she didn't clarify whether spoon measures are heaped or level. Were it not for the fact that this recipe contained 1 level teaspoon of ground coriander, as well as 1 dspoon (dessertspoon?)of garam masala, I wouldn't have known that her spoon measurements are heaped.The recipe is easy and quick but these problems are time wasting.
I googled the author, Judith Wills, to find out about her. She is best known for her healthy eating and diet books. Perhaps the book's problems lie more with the editorial staff than with Ms Wills. Would I recommend the book? Yes but only at the knock down price it is now selling for.