Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 August 2005
I have just realized there was something wrong in the review I posted last week. The stories contained in "The Bloodstained Pavement" are NOT the same stories contained in "The Blue Geranium". Actually, the first audiobook contains the first seven stories of the book "The Thirteen Problems" ("The Tuesday Night Club", "Ingots of Gold", "The Blood-Stained Pavement", "The Idol House of Astarte", "Motive Versus Opportunity", "The Thumb Mark of Saint Peter" and "Death by Drowning"). The second audiobook contains the other six stories.
You can actually by an audiobook by Mistery Master Series from amazon.com that includes both parts and is much cheaper (shipping and handling included), by the name of "The Tuesday Club Murders", also read by Joan Hickson.
on 26 July 2005
This audiobook is highly enjoyable by any lover of mystery in audiobook format and Joan Hickson is the great reader of Miss Marple. Ms Christie had a fine sense of humour at its darkest spoken through the lips of nice old ladies.
In case you are new to Miss Marple's audiobooks, the stories contained in "The Bloodstained Pavement" belong to "The Tuesday Club Murders", a.k.a "The Thirteen Problems" (I guess these are the titles belonging to the American and British editions of the same book)and are, apparently, the same stories contained in "The Blue Geranium". I do wish Amazon would bother to detail which stories are included in each audiobook, actual length and so on, it does get a bit confusing.
on 23 July 2012
I adore Joan Hickson as Miss Marple. I disagree with the reviewers who are unhappy upon hearing "Miss Marple's voice"...For me, her voice...FITS, if you see what I mean...And, of course, the stories, themselves, are wonderful. My only complaint-and it is so with "Part 2" of this series "The Blue Geranium" CD's-is that the second CD ends in mid-sentence. Now, true, no GREAT amount of the story is lost...We do find out "Who Dunnit" etc...but, it is annoying to be cut off like that! I must say that I am unimpressed with Harper-Collins rendition of these wonderful stories! Also, there are supposed to be 13 stories in this series (The Bloodstained Pavement and The Blue Geranium) and these two CD sets "lose" many of them! Please, please, PLEASE! WHY can't the full "The Tuesday night Club" series of CD's (which has all of the stories, and does not "cut off") not be sold by amazon?! The sellers who do sell it want HUGE amounts of money! I am frustrated.
on 30 December 2011
THE PERSON THAT I BOUGHT THIS TALKING CD FOR IS VERY HAPPY WITH IT AMAZON WAS THE ONLY PLACE THAT I COULD FIND IT THIS IS AFTER I HAD NO LUCK IN FINDING IT ANY WHERE ESLE, ORDERING THIS ITEM THROUGH AMAZON WAS THE FIRST TIOME THAT I HAVE DONE THIS I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE FROM AMAZON AND WILL BE USEING THEM AGAIN I FOUND THAT THERE SERVICE IS VERY GOOD
on 15 April 2013
There are many Agatha Christie audios and they are reasonably priced, for anyone who listens while they work a collection can soon be aquired. Pleasant stories and many twists and turns,
I like the Marple and Poirot stories and have seen many on the tv, so can relate to them.
on 21 January 2014
joan hickson is miss marple.cool calm and easy to listen too.a typical old maid nosey and knitting I can picture this as I listen.
on 3 July 2013
Lovely adaptation with Joan Hickson, makes you feel it is read by Agatha Christie herself. Great short stories, and well read.
on 27 December 2013
I gave this as a present and it has been enthusiastically received by its recipient who is delighted with it.
on 20 February 2016
The Hollow , still ploughing through this one it does take a while with me with Agatha Christie books. It isn't to say its not good they are just written in a lifetime we don't get to see. for someone with low education that can write this way does call for celebration, as I wonder what we need education for. she must have been around a circle of people to get the info.
on 29 November 2015
The hollow is one of my favourite Agatha Christie books keeps u guessing.til.last page.Hercule at his very best.