Customer reviews

on 25 March 2017
From the first book I was compelled to read all three in the series. Not normally my type of reading but I was sad when I'd finished book 3/3.
Really got to love the characters they became real to me and I looked forward each day to find out more with all their twists and turns. Thank you Patrick Carr
on 29 September 2013
Great second Instalment,well written and thought out. I thoroughly enjoyed Immersing myself in Errol's adventure,not to be missed. I can't wait for the conclusion.
on 5 September 2013
Continues the pace of the first book. It has been a while since I felt so engaged by a book. Roll on book three lol.
on 6 May 2017
A brilliant follow up from the great first book really enjoying this series can't put it down. Keep up the great work
on 10 September 2013
The story telling is inviting, it pulls you in like a warm fire on a winter's day, slowly drawing you in to watch the flames, mesmerising you with words and visions of other worlds,of unlikely hero's and heroines, warriors for good and evil, and unexpected friends,like chilli hot chocolate warm inviting but with a kick. Roll on book III, Pre-ordered already. Mr.Carr please write faster!
on 6 December 2013
If readers of this review and the review for the first book in the series check the time stamps on them, they'll know how quickly I devoured this book. It kept me enthralled with every word. I laughed, cried, bit my fingernails.

I am absolutely gutted to discover I'll not be able to read No. 3 until January!!!

Anyway, Errol is still Errol, but we find out more about some of his colleagues from the first book in this installment. I enjoyed that - there is layering and depth to the characters that is lacking in a lot of modern fantasy. Otherworldly interference is almost capricious in this series and I like that. The hero/heroes (I count more than one) have to depend on themselves rather than magic and it makes the story better.

Buy the book, read it then count the hours til the next installment is available on Kindle.
on 9 July 2014
The Hero's Lot is the second book in Patrick Carr's Staff and Sword series.I enjoyed the book, but thought it lacked a bit in comparison to the first book in the series.
Errol's journey continues and we find our hero on the second stage of his journey to kill Valor and allow the kingdom to get ready for the King's death and the subsequent choosing of a new monarch.
Errol finds out more about his past in this book and those he thought of as friends. Other races and their cultures and skills feature heavily in the book also.
Although I love descriptive books I found that in a few places in the book the story lost its way although it quickly got back on track. Do not let this put you off though as the book is still very good and I am just about to purchase book three so that should say lots.
on 16 September 2013
A worthy sibling of the first book. Kept me engrossed and wanting more with each turn of the page. Now I can't wait to get to the third book. Brilliant and engaging writing. A fantasy fairy tale for grown-ups. Love it.
on 20 September 2013
ordered the first one (cast of stones) as it was free and simply had to order this! was very easy read not the most original of scripts but one which kept you entertained! - what more could you want!
on 11 September 2013
Absolutely loved this book. Cant wait for the final book of the series to come out. Patrick carr is definately up there with my favourite christian fiction authors. Excellent!