Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 26 October 2007
At last - a book about sex which is frank.explicit,courageous, witty, informative, refreshing and uplifting.This is more than a bloody good read, it has the power to change your life. Over the top I hear you cry? I don't think so. If your sex life improves your health improves - your work improves - your confidence improves - your relationships inprove - your life improves. A great b'day/xmas gift for all your friends, male and female - young and old. I also saw Julie being brilliant on the Alan Titchmarsh show. Please lets see her fronting her own programme - it would be a breath of fresh air.
on 4 July 2007
I really thought this book was informative and interesting - you will certainly find out things you never knew!!! The format is refreshingly different from the bog standard sex books on the market, and one of its biggest pluses is that it is something you can sit down and read with your other half. Not only are there some great things to try but it is delivered in a friendly way. Some things that will make you laugh, some that will make you go "oooohhhhhh!" ;-) Definitely a book for the bedside table, and would make a great gift for your mates!

I think one of the previous reviewers has been a little unfair. I found Julie's writing brilliant - and after all, what constitutes a sexpert?! Judging from some of the tales in the book I would say Julie is more than qualified!!
on 16 May 2011
Odd though it may seem, I bought this primarily for our 16 year old daughter to read. As she is starting out on her sexual life, wanted to make sure she knew enough to ensure that she could make informed decisions about anything asked of her and that she fully understood risks involved. Thought the book well written, in a no nonsense, humurous manner and the tongue in cheek titles and comments made it easy to discuss the more intimate topics that would have been difficult to bring up with her in general conversations about sex. Had a few tips for us oldies too!
on 2 June 2007
I Love this book, this book is must for anyone who wants to improve their sex lives but do not want to plough through a boring 'manual'. This book is fun to read with plenty of laugh outloud moments, but still gives you lots of facts and tips on how to improve your sex life. It is a great book to take to bed with your partner to read together and of course to practice what you have learnt!

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, in fact I have bought a copy for my daughter!!
on 19 October 2008
The Greatest Sex Tips in the World (The Greatest Tips in the World)

I recieved this book as a birthday present and can truly say that I couldn't put it down! Flicking through the pages of this riveting little book is just like sitting down with a well versed best friend, a bottle of chardonnay and having a good giggle about all things between the sheets. It's honest, funny, PACKED full of infomation and is just the right size to keep by your bed! Countless times throughout I squealed YESSSS that someone has finally written a book like this! Yes, sex books are no new revelation but for the first time ever I didn't feel intimidated by all the new things in there, or wonder how the hell I was going to get into some odd tantric postion. In fact, I felt perfectly normal and pretty horny! Couldn't wait to try out my new found expertise. I loved the length of it though and the succinct way Julie talks about each topic - I can't think of anything worse than ploughing through a hefty, rambling book on such a great subject - sex! Instead, every topic has been taken, thought about and then slotted in perfectly so you get to read all the best bits with the rubbish cut out! Straight to the point, incisive, witty and practical. I am buying this book as Christmas stocking fillers for all my girlfriends this year!!
on 26 June 2007
I too remember Julie from the box and I heard her on LBC chatting about this book so I thought, "sounds like good fun, I'll get that as a present for a friend". :-)

To be fair to La Peasgood, in the LBC interview, she did say that she wasn't a Sexpert, so I wasn't expecting an authoritative guide to sex, however, I opened up the book to have a sneaky peak and bang, before I knew it, I was half way through. It's full of fascinating, interesting and very useful information, all nicely laced with some penetrating humour and some very funny complimentary cartoons; I particularly liked the one with the dogs looking in on their owners shenanigans.

Sadly, my copy was looking a little dog-eared after having had a certain amount of thumbing, so, I had to buy another copy for my friend. Doh!

I'm no sexpert, but I am a little more expert than I was. Don't believe me? I guess you'll just have to ask my friend.
on 14 September 2007
Julie Peasgood is a new literary delight - her approach is frank, forthright and funny!! This book is a real help - if only we had someone like her around to ask those questions we've never dared! Her style is chatty and open, as if you were talking really honestly with a best friend. I'm only 25 and I really loved being able to learn how to please a partner - and myself - without the embarrassment I would feel talking to a doctor or boyfriend. It is not sleazy a la cosmo but really informative and very amusing as well! I am a big fan of Julie (I loved Emmerdale) and she has such a lovely sunny personality. I would love to see her get her own show of this book so she could answer more questions from guests.
on 27 November 2008
It was so nice to read a book like this that was informative, sensible and easy to get along with. This is not a book to put on the top shelf away from prying eyes. It shows that sex is not a dirty word and the whole content of this book is centered on safety and fun. There are so many obvious ways to enjoy yourself that you would never think of until you turn the pages. This is a great gift to give to that special person in your life or of course to get for yourself which may mean you might get that special person. Unfortunately i can only give it five stars, it deserves much more.
on 30 May 2007
I love this little book, and have bought it as a gift for a few of my friends. Every topic of sexuality is given a frank and thorough discussion and it has handy hints and great tips along the way. A welcome change from the other sex books on the market this really will make you laugh and give you something to talk about with your mates .... even better read it with your partner and experience the boost to your sex life!!
on 26 December 2007
This is one of the best sex tips books I've read (and I have a library-full!)It's packed with practical suggestions and insights and the author's tone is perfect-not condescending or yukky, just frank, real and very funny.Lives up to it's title-a fab read and great value.