Customer reviews

on 31 December 2017
Nice story with great pictures, not quite as good as the sister book, the Great Fairy Tale disaster, in my opinion but still a nice book for children who know the key nursery rhymes
on 30 July 2012
My 3 year old son loves this book! It's a great bedtime read, he loves singing along to all the nursery rhymes that are in it. We actually got this book out from the library before buying it, my son kept wanting to borrow it from the library time and time again, so I brought it for him. Fantastic book.
on 13 August 2013
my daughter found this book hilarious! bought a used copy for 1p only had to pay 2.80 postage (book worth 5.99) and its in absolutely perfect condtion, cant even tell its been read! extremely pleased with this and a really great enjoyable story to read to your children!
on 31 August 2015
My little girl loves this book read over and over again
on 12 July 2013
My 3 year old son delighted in telling me that the nursery rhymes were all mixed up! He loves it, finds it hilarious
on 19 September 2014
Good bedtime book with good pictures
on 28 May 2015
Perfect condition
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 May 2015
Other reviewers are right, that a child needs a good knowledge of nursery rhymes to enjoy this and get the most out of it.

Little Miss Muffet is tired of her rhyme, tired of the spider. She decides to find a rhyme that suits her better. But what will happen when she intrudes into other nursery rhymes?

It's a funny idea, though I expected a little more mayhem. My son knew almost all the rhymes (not really a fan of Ding Dong Bell myself), and enjoyed what happened to Miss Muffet.

The illustrations are unique - the blurb describes them as 'geometric', I like the shapes and colours, my son enjoyed pointing out characters he knew and guessing the rhymes from them.

This would be good for KS1 classes covering the topic in school, as well as children at bedtime who like a little silliness and a play on conventions.

One for children ages 3/4 to 7.
One person found this helpful
on 10 February 2010
Fantastic book. Read it to my 6year old for the first time this evening and it was a toss up between who was giggling more- me or her! Highly recommended, mostly for the very odd images in my head after the last two pages! Read it yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Simply put, it was one of the best books the little one's picked in ages!
2 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2009
I bought this book after discovering the author's "Lila and the Secret of Rain". This is completely different but no less enjoyable. What fun! Little Miss Muffet bored decides the grass may be greener in another nursery rhyme. But the speclation leads to chaotic mishaps which give the reader some great laughs both from the words and the brilliant illustrations full of jokes. My 5 year old loves this and often asks for it at bedtime. Highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful