on 11 March 2013
Saw this book at a friend's and ordered it straight away...then had to order the classic Brit ingredients...Bovril, HP sauce etc..... (live in France) and have been using the recipes on a daily basis ever since....its brilliant for basics with a twist.
on 12 January 2016
I was hoping for a recipe book for just store cupboard food, as the title suggests. If you're looking for that too then don't buy it. Full of fresh ingredients. Chapters are based on Marmite, mustard, cupboard stuff like that, but it's all about including them with normal recipes.
on 22 July 2015
This is probably one of the best cook-books I've ever used, in fact this particular purchase was for a friend's birthday after I piqued her interest by raving about how great some of the recipes are! I've loved 90% of the recipes I've tried so far, and quite liked 5% of them. The other 5... well, I only didn't like them because I don't like some vegetables, and it'd be a miracle to make me like them :)
on 4 January 2014
Have you ever got to the end of a week and ready to do a massive food shop?! This is great for scraping together what's left in your cupboard, we tried it thinking there was nothing to eat and were about to order takeaway! No need!
on 15 November 2016
bought as a 'spoof' type gift ... but as a good as new it ticked all the boxes!
on 1 March 2013
I was really disappointed by this cookbook, as most of the recipes are very basic and only involved the condiments in the same way that gravy involves Bovril. Not much that I did not already know.

My advice, save the money and space on the shelf and just pep up your existing recipies with a dash of this and a splash of that.
on 5 September 2014
As described - arrived on time, great product
on 24 August 2016