TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 14 July 2017
I've been following Tom on Twitter for a long time. I read his blog posts and have even subscribed to Unbound for his new book, Twenty First Century Yokel. After reading his latest blog post I decided to read his earlier books and started with this, the third of the four about his cats. I already know the cats from Twitter, and love them, but this took my love to a whole new level. What really made the book for me, however, was Tom's stories about his dad. I absolutely love them. I laughed so much I was banned from reading this in bed and had to go and sit in the lounge to continue it. It's wonderful.
on 20 March 2017
Followed easily from talk the tail and took us further into the saga of Tom and his cats.
on 20 April 2017
What can I say except that once again years of laughter at cats antics!
on 28 March 2014
How can one not love the Bear's adorable face - he has an expression that would melt the hardest heart and it's lovely to read of his antics, along with Ralph, et al. More please!
P.S. Also worth following him on Twitter!
on 5 April 2017
Bought as a present
on 3 June 2017
More life with cats.
on 12 June 2017
Lovely book
on 18 October 2013
Fantastic book, recently read 'Under the Paw' so had high expectations. Tom Cox didn't disappoint with his collection of laugh out loud, sad and sometimes quite bizarre tales of The Bear and gang. Unfortunately did choke on a biscuit whilst reading the book (due to laughing my head off) so I would advise the you don't accompany this book with small snacks :)
on 17 May 2017
Cat story good to not bad.
on 15 October 2013
Incredibly funny, wistful and emotional, Tom Cox's third book about his relationship with his cats more than lives up to the previous two. It's written beautifully, you feel very much a part of the story and - like all other great books - feel a bit bereft when it's over. As well as updates on the feline members of his household, and Tom himself of course, we also hear more about his really very funny parents, the other animals that inhabit his thoughts, and the wonderfully vibrant characters he meets on the way (or who happen to just knock on his door anyway). If you're in two minds about buying this book, don't be. It's great.