Customer reviews

The Godfather
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 5 June 2017
Having seen the film several times, I was expecting to find lots of discrepancies between the two, but there were that many. The film ha stuck very closely to the book something which is quite rare in book to screen adaptations. Whoever wrote the screenplay did a good job.
The book is excellent. A story well told.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2017
I'm half way through this book and it's a great page turner. I have not seen the films so don't know what is going to happen next and that is adding to the suspense. I will probably watch the films when I have finished the book. Well written and very evocative of a time and place in the relatively recent past. It's fun spotting the famous phrases and scenes from the films that everyone knows, such as the horse's head in the bed! Excellent read so far.
on 30 October 2017
Having watched the film numerous times, I thought that it was time I read the book. A large part of the book can be seen in the Godfather films, but there some parts of the book I found boring and had no real relevance to the story. Overall a good read.
on 20 September 2017
amazing, brilliant, words are not enough for its praise. first time i ever read a book, reached the last page and started straight away from page 1 all over again. Two readings one after another. just brilliant. would recommend to all readers.
i don't normally read fiction, but this book is worth it.
on 6 June 2017
I have actually seen the film The Godfather,so I decided to read the book. I have now decided to watch the film again and can't wait to borrow the CD. If you have seen the film and haven't read the book or visa versa I suggest you go for it.
on 27 June 2017
Cracking, easy to read story even if sometimes characters are a little less than credible.
Certainly a key 20th century work of a 20th century situation though it has been suggested that certain nations (eg Russia) are run on similar lines today.
on 4 March 2017
A great read. It's years since I saw the film, but this is excellent...I look forward to reading the others about the family.
on 2 October 2014
I first read the godfather almost 30 years ago and loved it. Reading it again now, I realize it still is the best book that I have read. There may be plenty of better writers than Mario Puzo for style, but for content and characters, the godfather will take your breath away. Some people criticize that it presents a very artificial and romanticized version of the mafia, but for me this is a true epic of the mafia and the book that started my life long fascination with mafia books and movies. Don't miss it!!
on 22 July 2017
Kept me spellbound again like it did when I first read this book over 20 years ago! Well crafted, detailed, fast moving, utterly shocking and delicious at the same time.
on 15 November 2017
I've always held Francis ford Coppola's film in high regard and thee fmafia film. But eventually reading the book has slightly diminished the love of the film for me. The book is a masterpiece into the world of the Corleone family. Excellent in every way and much much more. When I turned to the last page of this book I thought it deserved a standing ovation.