- Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 6.7 x 11.6 cm ; 200 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 259 g
- Item model number: SZ3555131
- ASIN: B002ZCRKH2
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 1 Jan. 2006
- Average Customer Review: 126 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,548 in Kitchen & Home (See Top 100 in Kitchen & Home)
The Glencairn Official Whisky Glass
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Height: 114mm 4,5"
- Diameter: 46mm 1 3/4"
- Capacity: 170ml 6 oz
- Lead Free Crystal
- The unique and stylish shape has been crafted with eminent care to enhance the enjoyment of single malts and aged blends. The tapering mouth allows an ease of drinking not associated with traditional nosing glasses, while capturing that all-important bouquet. The wide bowl allows the fullest appreciation of the whisky's colour and the solid base is designed to be easy on the hand.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
If you've been using tumblers or nosing glasses (copitas) for years, you'll know the limitations of these two types of glass for whisky. Now comes the Glencairn Whisky Glass (it won the Queen's Award for Innovation in 2006) and it gives you a perfect tapering at the top for nosing, and a nice, big bowl below that enhances tasting. This is combined with good, solid bulk at the very bottom to give you that sturdiness I've always enjoyed with a tumbler, but which is lacking in thin-stemmed nosing copitas.
Ordering these glasses through Amazon means that they will be sent straight from the manufacturer, unadorned with a whisky seller's logo on the side, which for me is a plus.
Put aside your old glasses and get a quantity of these babies! You'll never go back. What with the rising quality of single and vatted malts these days, the availability of excellent guides in book form, and now the availability of this glass... it's never been a better time to be a whisky drinker.
After trying a few different glasses out, this one is my favourite. It captures the smell of the whiskey and balls it all up in the well of the glass, gently releasing its essence up through your nose. You can even fit a single ice cube into the top, which I like occasionally.
Now as for the glass, it is very well made from lead free crystal cut glass with the majority of the weight at the bottom which doubles as the base (and place where you should hold the glass), this in turn reduces the chances of it tipping over! Also note that "the Glencairn glass" is written on the base of the glass which you can see when you are drinking...now this adds nothing but a touch of class. As for the shape of the glass which is in my view perfect as it captures and channels the aromas up your nose (one piece of advice...don't over nose a whisky and do it gently). The glass also feels more substantial than what i was expecting it to be. As for where i got this from, i got 6 of these from a rep who works for the Glencairn glass company and paid £4.30 each and that included delivery, at least that way i could be sure they arrived properly packaged which they were!
PROS: Well made, weight is towards the bottom, officially recognized as the best glass to nose a whisky with, you won't over pour whisky again, you can tell it's a quality product!
CONS: Don't wash in the dishwasher as this softened the glass and makes them more susceptible to break, don't pay over the odds!Read more ›
|Length: 0:30 Mins|
UpdaTe with PhoTos & LiTTLe Video .... Hope This Helps .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The true whisky glass! If you are serious about whisky tasting you have to have one! Good sturdy glass, I have hand-washed it and has resisted.Published 13 days ago by Federico
Excellent little glass for any scotch lover. Definitely recommend having a few for every cabinet.Published 1 month ago by kuan h chen
Glass was very flimsy and cheap from when I opened it - smashed in the sink when washing it for the second time. Do not buy"Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
The recipient loves it and uses it all the time, says the shape really enhances the nose. :)Published 2 months ago by Jahoola Nuiii