Customer reviews

The Girl Most Likely To...
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 9 January 2009
"The girl most likely to" by Susan Donovan is a great book which I read in one session because I just couldn't lay it out of my hands. It's a beautiful book about first loves and giving them a second chance.
Kat Cavanough is back in her hometown (after 20 years) to show people that she made it to someone and to tell her son's father that he became a dad 20 years ago.
At age 16 she was forced to leave home after her first (and only) love Riley broke up with her and she discovered that she was pregnant by him. Because of her abusive father and a weak mother Kat decided to pack up her stuff and leave her home. She got lucky and ended up with a adorable old lady that become her mother in the following years.
When Kat and her best friend Nola arrive in town and Kat confronts Riley with their past and their son, Aidan, she is shocked to realize that Riley already knows about his son and is furious about not getting to know him sooner.
Riley, who broke up with her the night she left, regretted it almost immidiately and came back to tell Kat only to discover that she already left. So 20 years later they both have to deal with a lot of past events and mistakes especially because they still fell a lot for each other and never forget the special relationship they had for four years all this time ago.
Now it's up to them if their love, that started when they were only 12 years old, has a second chance. But first they have to work on forgiving each other and they also have to deal with a stalking ex, Kat's dangerous father and a disappointed Aidan, who is upset with his mom for not getting to know his dad earlier.
I really enjoyed this book because of the special relationship between Kat and Riley (especially the flashbacks are so sweet), the great secondary characters and the storyline that stays exciting right until the end.
So I recommend this great book to all romance fans who believe that your first love with twelve can be the happily ever after kind.
on 13 May 2017
Not my type of book,
on 12 January 2011
took this to work with me on a slow day and managed to read most of it. great read about second chances and first loves. kat is back in her hometown after being gone for 20 years and ready to take the town down! but all doesnt go to plan when her first and only love riley crosses her path and the sparks start to fly again. only thing is that the past is still a barrier to their happiness,will they break them down. very similar to another book ive read but it really escapes me now which one it is.
on 8 September 2013
Read from local library. A beautifully written book that had me chuckle, laugh, cry and hold my breath at what was happening. Story flowed beautifully with hidden twists that I didnt solve. The book disclosed the secrets. What a great book that left me feeling uplifted and satisfied. Will look to read more by this author.
on 29 June 2011
I was really surprised that I enjoyed this book as much as I did as when i first read it I reached about halfway and the story seemd to conclude. However this was not the emd! There was so much more to come! A lovely book for a relaxing evening read.
on 13 May 2012
It was a bit like cheri on top, but I liked it even better. I love the characters and I love it when they are so in love. It is about forgiving mistakes and I love the twist at the end. I keep thinking about it and might read again now.
on 15 April 2010
I liked everything about this book, which is the first one I have read by this author. Will certainly try more of this author.
on 26 February 2014
Couldn't put it down - real easy read - will now read all her other books - would recommend it - good holiday read
on 4 May 2009
I have read most of Donovan's books - and this is my favourite. Similar to Rachel Gibson's "Daisy's Back in Town" but better in my opinion.