HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 March 2015
This book is by Nicholas Allan, who has written such great children’s stories as, “Father Christmas Needs a Wee,” and “The Queen’s Knickers.” Just from those titles, you can see that irreverent humour (and toilet humour) is very popular in his books – and also very popular with his young readers. This book is no exception – “The Giant’s Loo Roll,” had my little nephew giggling all the way through.

The story begins with the giant, of course, on the toilet – when he drops his toilet roll, which bumps down the hill and into the town to cause mayhem. There are giant pieces of paper everywhere – what can they be used for? Before long, the townspeople are coming up with all sorts of inventive ideas to use the enormous toilet roll – but what about the poor giant? This is a quirky, fun read, with lots of humour in both the text and the illustrations and great fun to read aloud.
on 18 April 2017
Kids loved the story...it was a good buy.
VINE VOICEon 1 August 2012
OK, since I tend to go through a few children's books I've been asked by my Dad to keep an eye out for "Grandad Books." What does this mean? Put simply books with his sense of humour that he can enjoy spending time with his grandchildren with so that they can appreciate the same things that he does.

So when this title by Nicolas Allan arrived I knew that I had just the title for him to start with. The tale is fun, its has lots of bright coloured images and when added to the fact that the whole story centres around his lavatory humour, my Dad is going to love this book. Not just because his brain works on the same level as my nephews but because it will entertain him just as much as them. All in this is a gem of a title and one that will be read quite a few times.
on 16 January 2015
The giant's loo roll gets away! Just as he needs it. But lots of the townspeople make good use of the pieces that roll on by before returning it to its owner.

Pretty funny, and easy to read in rhyme. We liked the paper pants made from the loo roll the best, the giant paper airplane, and watching a small person wee into the giant's toilet.

The illustrations are an interesting fuzzy looking set, distinctive. This k we preferrred Father Christmas Needs a Wee on a smiliar theme, but this is imaginative and you can also talk about not wasting things and also giving possession back to their owner.
on 28 October 2012
got this book for my 2 grandsons who love having a bedtime story every night as i thought they would find this very funny and they did !!!great book for parents and children to enjoy together and a story that will be asked for over and over again.
on 24 August 2013
While vacationing in London I visited Harrod's and purchased "The Royal Nappy." (Very appropriate as Prince George was born two days later.) I saw on the back cover that the author, Nicholas Allan, had written other books. Since Harrod's didn't have the other titles, as soon as I got back to the hotel I ordered this on Amazon UK. (It came to my home when I returned to the US.) I know how much small children like bathroom humor; my son's favorite book twenty years ago was "The Gas We Pass." I now have 3 grandnephews. The two-year-old twins are very much intrigued with all things elimination related. This book is perfect for toddlers and potty training. It's funny without being vulgar. Just like adults, little ones can enjoy entertaining reading while in the loo.
on 5 November 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am sending it to a nephew and a grandson for Christmas. I am sure they will enjoy it too.
on 22 January 2013
My grandson loved it. Just the thing for a child between 3 - 5 yrs old and it's fun for adults to read to.
on 13 March 2014
If you read this lovely little book to your children, you can guarantee a laugh as you turn the first page every time!

Its very clever and the author knew exactly what made a child tick when he put his pen to paper. I'm so pleased we bought this rather than borrowed it from the library as its now an old favourite.
on 3 August 2013
The children in my class have loved the previous Nicolas Allan books (The Queens Knickers and Father Christmas needs a wee) I decided to buy The Giants Loo Roll and Cinderella's Bum. They were both enjoyed as much as the other two and has us all giggling along with the story. Would definitely recommend!!