Customer reviews

on 16 April 2018
Lovely book well made and lots of easy projects to do love the range of sizes of tea cosies never been able to find one to fit a one cup teapot before book nicely made good hard back would recomend
on 15 March 2018
Good book but as a novice knitter I would have liked some more guides. I bought this book because I want to make the tea cosy on the front cover but I will have to learn ruched knitting before I can make it.
on 23 October 2011
Having enjoyed Jane Brocket's blog and having purchased the Quilting book I bought this book straight away and was not disappointed. The instructions are clear and as usual with her books the photography is beautiful.
Jane uses best quality yarns to acheive a classic look in all her knitting, even a basic face cloth is made from top quality cotton yarn. (no acrylic here!).
This book is not a knitting book for experienced knitters looking for original garment patterns. It is suitable for someone seeking inspiration and ideas on yarn and colour by an intelligent author.
A treat for knitters but not an essential guide or must-have pattern book.
on 26 March 2018
i should have bought this years ago. its brilliant!!!!!!
on 11 February 2016
Love jane Brockets work. This book has a lovely range of projects for the home, some quite retro like the fluted tea cosy. Clear instructions and great photos, as with all her books.
on 15 June 2013
Coming back to knitting after many years, I did indeed find this a gentle way of doing it. It's a delightful book to browse whether you take up the knitting pins or not.
The service was great - getting the book to me very quickly. It was packed well enough for it to get here undamaged and the low price gave me the chance to enjoy a book I could not otherwise have afforded.
on 23 October 2016
A really good book with sound basic patterns for a variety of things. I like it very much.
on 2 March 2014
A really good knitting book with a wide variety of patters and projects. Gave to a friend who is a fabulous knitter and got one myself. We both love the book.
on 13 February 2015
Love the ethos of this book. Patterns are good too. Need time to peruse.
on 12 March 2013
Lots of different project, ranging in difficulties. Pictures are great too. The recommended wool can be substituted if take book to your local wool shop for help