on 29 April 2012
I've been doing a course in nutrition and bought this book (along with a few others) as extra references to broaden my knowledge, and this has turned out to be the most useful book I've ever bought.

It is very well written in a way that is easy to understand whether you have any or no nutritional knowledge. It's well presented and the layout is well thought out and makes it very easy to quickly find exactly what you're looking for.

The book covers everything from basic explanations of different food types and their roles, to using food to combat illnesses and disorders, and nutritional values of different foods, and does so in a way that never becomes boring or patronising. It contains guidelines for healthy eating for different age groups and a very handy chart of the nutritional contents or many different foods. There are also some recipes included, all of which have their nutritional content listed which makes it easy to know exactly what is in the finished dish.

All in all this is a very handy reference whether you're looking to broaden your knowledge or simply improve your own health through nutrition.
on 15 November 2010
Good no nonsense book and my 2nd copy of this publication. Useful tables throughtout the book and balanced views regarding 'alleged' good and bad foods/diets etc. I find the most valuable part is the extensive range of charts at the back of the book giving quick reference info. regarding nutritional info. The only downside is that the book is thick and has not been spiral or ring binder bound so it needs handling with care to avoid spine breaking. I found my earlier copy which was hard backed just the same. Overall thought a good source of information and guidance.
on 30 May 2014
This is my go to book for all my nutritional needs.
I originally purchased this book as my blood was very low in iron, and I had no idea what foods to eat.
This not only tells you,it gives you a list of foods with the highest levels of nutrients.
There is not another book that displays this information in an easier way.
I have bought over 7 copies of this book for relatives and friends, they all love it too.
It's colourful categories make Healthy eating a joy, not a chore.
on 1 October 2017
Love this book this is second copy I have owned, passed the first on to someone else. delivered promptly thank you
on 13 May 2016
I bought this book for my daughter and her boyfriend. They love it and refer to it frequently. It's a great book to dip into - very informative.
One person found this helpful
on 15 June 2018
Excellent
on 1 June 2018
Excellent and very informative
on 22 September 2013
I bought this book for my coursework at college when i was studying nutrition.. It is the best book i have ever bought (I don't buy books)! Has so much information in, more than you would expect or need to be honest. Definitely recommend if you want to learn/ know more about nutrition.
on 24 March 2013
Great product for food reference I.E how many carbs are in foods or sugars etc...

Not everything is listed or I maybe have missed them somehow?
But good buy easy to read
on 18 April 2013
For anyone needing direction at a time of illness, overweight or just a renewal of lost 'get up and GO', this is the answer to a prayer.