Top critical review
One person found this helpful
on 26 October 2014
I don't know if I liked it. Weird story set up.
- firstly, there is no origin story
- first story is about a friend of flash
- friend has healing factors
- others after friend for said factor (wolverine anyone?)
- Barry tries to help him
- second story is about Barry's speed force
- speed force is ripping worm holes/vortexes
- Barry gets sent through one into a gorilla world that would fit in with planet of the apes
Both stories were a little weak. I found the start of the second story boring, losing interest fairly quickly. The plots were boring, and the allude to Planet of the Apes above made my eyes roll.
Not crazy on the art work. Numerous, and I mean numerous, small frames on one page showing multiple things in an attempt to show you how quick flash processes the world. As a reader it just made the story seem disjointed, and at times rushed.
Overall, not too keen. I bought the comic as it was on a £3 sale and because I thought I might enjoy it after the Flash series started on Sky1. The comic is no where near as good as the show which is a shame. If you can get it on sale it's an okay read.