on 10 July 1996
Livining in harmony. Somehow in our city apartments or our
suburban houses. Amidst the clutter and clatter that is
life, to be at peace...to have our lives run smoothly....
Isn't that what we want? Feng Shui master Lam Kam Chuen
explains (and doesn't it make sense?) that much of our inner
and outer disharmony comes from the physical environments
that we create: what colors we paint our walls, where
furniture is placed, whether we live in a house facing an
intersection. Starting with a clear explanation of the
properties of yin and yang: the fundamental forces and
energies (the seasons, the animals, the directions, etc),
Master Lam presents the fundamentals of arranging your
home (and thus your life) in harmony with yourself and
with the universe.
on 3 April 2006
This is a book that I return to often. Written by a Feng Shui Master, this is not a handbook on interior decorating - which is what many Western books on Feng Shui have become - but a clear and thoughtful overview of the principles behind the art and science that is Feng Shui. Easy to read and well-illustrated, it shows you clearly how energy (chi) flows around the landscape and around your home, so that you can see what lies behind the superficial advice often touted in other books. Once you've read it, you'll be able to easily apply the underlying principles of Feng Shui for yourself in a meaningful way. You'll understand where to locate your home (and why) and how to arrange your living and working spaces to achieve greater harmony in life. This is an excellent book, whether you're new to Feng Shui or a more experienced practitioner.
on 29 May 1999
As a newbie, I found this book to very helpful to understanding the reasons behind feng shui and inspirational in making me want to apply it in my life. He brings up things noone else I've read (yet) does, and has a more individual approach. Is he offbase? Are the others? Who knows? I tend to be skeptical of the "band-aid" feng shui cures such as mirrors and flutes, he hardly mentions them. The other books I've read, seem to have all gotten their material from the same source, I suspect that he actually knows what he is writing about as it not the same cookie cutter feng shui.
The book is very visually appealing and illustrations help you to actually understand the underlying principles involved.
on 16 April 2014
There's a lot of information here.

It's a shame that so many of Master Lam's books are out of print, but great you can still get used copies here.
on 22 September 2013
This is a great book for beginners new to Fung Shui. Very easy to grasp and understand.
Item condition was great.
on 4 May 2009
The book arrived in good condition, and was just as I expected. The course of acquisition, payment and receipt of the order went very well. I recommend it, no doubt.
on 15 September 1997
Please view the following web site for the review:

[...]