on 20 April 2015
The Family Trap is a contemporary read about family relationships. It opens with 16 year old Lipsy giving birth to a baby. Stella her 38 year old Mum has been holding her hand and is now exhausted. Baby Phoenix arrives safely and now it's time for Stella to think about her own future.

A pregnancy test affirms Stella's beliefs that her new grandchild will soon have a playmate who is also his Aunt or uncle. But first she must break the news to Paul. They are about to be married and move away to Derbyshire. Stella's fears and worries about the future cause her to fumble telling Paul about the baby.

Lipsy finds motherhood hard and relies more and more on Stella, to the point where she can't see moving to Derbyshire is a good idea. A rift occurs between Stella and Paul over the issue of children and it all comes to a head on their wedding day.

Stella has a job at a care-home, it gives her valuable support, the residents help her through the difficult months. Her family all try to help Stella too, they want what's best for Stella, but the journey is a bump ride.

A good easy read.
on 16 May 2013
I was totally hooked by this story and really understood the main character, Stella, and the difficult decisions she made.

This is a lovely story about how to deal with an unexpected pregnancy, and the insecurity it entails. I thought the author did a fabulous job at setting the scene, and I really got into the characters' heads.

Funnily enough, the only one I did not quite get was Paul, I would have loved a bit more background on him - perhaps a better explanation on why he seemed so slow to get to grips with the situation. I don't want to say more without a spoiler... So I'll let readers find out for themselves!

I highly recommend this book if you like a feel good story about family, loyalty and love.
on 21 June 2017
Enjoyed this story, but it tended to drag on halfway through, how anyone could be so stupidly stubborn was beyond me..
I kept with it, last episode the best...
on 8 July 2014
This book was a perfect sequel to Cant live without - we are back on the roller coaster of family life - loved all the characters - although I was lucky enough to get this book as a freebie I would have definitely paid for it and would recommend to my friends.
on 5 July 2014
Brilliant, great characters and story from Stella's perspective being her own person and juggling all her feelings and problems in a funny, lol, sad, and every other possible emotional spectrum, need a sequel to find out what happens next!

Joanne Phillips books are all great reedsl
on 4 February 2014
Read the first book and enjoyed it. This one was just as good. I could have not predicted the end
The family are all portrayed well and the dynamics were good. A real page turner. Would recommend this book to all.
on 20 December 2014
Good if you want an easy read. Well written and a nice love story. The descriptions of the characters in the care home are very true and like people we all know. I would definitely recommend reading.
on 13 January 2016
Good read!
on 4 November 2014
Although predictable plot it didn't deter from the enjoyment of reading and not waning to put it down. Throughly recommend, loved the characters.
on 7 February 2013
As a huge fan of Joanne Phillips's first novel Can't Live Without, I was thrilled when I heard there would be a sequel- even more so when I got the chance to beta read it! When I received my advanced copy, I was trasnported right back into Stella's world and welcomed with open arms. This sequel definitely doesn't disappoint!

We reunite with Stella just as her daughter Lipsy is about to give birth. This isn't the only change about to occur- Stella is also about to marry the man of her dreams and carve out a new perfect existence in Derby. It seems as though everything is falling in to place. However, as readers of Can't Live Without will know, Stella's life is rarely simple. Soon she's left wondering if her new life is really what she wants. Add to the mix a shocking discovery, a beautiful sub-plot set in a nursing home and a wedding blessing, and you've got a warm, funny story that'll touch your heart and linger in your memory long after you've read it.