on 13 March 2014
I liked the concept of this book - although not ness all the elements of execution. Firstly this book is American which means almost everything is measured in cups - this means that you end up with quite a lot of green smoothie. This is frustrating to me because I like to juice to loose/control weight, so I feel I need to adjust and reduce by half every recipie so it is not so mega sized - even eating healthly can lead to weight gain if you eat too much of it! Saying that there is an excellent selection of green smoothie recipies and I've started to adapt them quite easily. There are both sweet and savoury options and the chapters are clearly laid out for different needs such as preganancy, vegan, detox, digestive etc. but to be honest I think any green smoothie is good for you overal. The ingredients are easily sourced in the UK and any produce that you think is not i.e. arugula, can be easilty found after a quick google, so Arugula = Rocket for example. I'd also recomend adding spice to smoothies with caution - I did not like a teaspoon of cloves plus a teaspoon of cinamaon in my smoothie!
2 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2015
I had just recently started making smoothies in an effort to boost the immune system and this book helped enormously. Previously I'd just been throwing anything in and sometimes the flavour wasn't the best : too many ingredients. I think less is more sometimes with smoothies, certainly until you know what you're doing. This book is helping me make better flavoured smoothies all the time with combinations I'd never have thought of. Thoroughly recommend it.
on 18 April 2014
Most of this book had over half of the pages left blank!!! with just one smoothie recipe
at the top of page a total waste of paper and a bit of a con as you think your getting
a super big thick book packed with choice.

And a big lack of choice unless you want lots of variation with lettuce.
One person found this helpful
on 4 September 2014
I have given this product 5 stars because this is a GREAT smoothie book, It has some good Veg only smoothies which are really nice. I would recommend it! Thank you.
on 24 February 2014
Very informative book and so many delicious variations to suite different tastes. Also like that it has a vegetable only section. I highly recommend this book. It is an easy way of incorporating greens in your diet.
on 17 September 2015
Great recipes but would have been better with pictures as well
on 6 August 2013
I started making smoothies just over a week ago and can feel the difference already. I have more energy, I can bend, kneel and stretch without discomfort, not to mention losing a few pounds!!! Well worth getting.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2013
Great ideas to follow, found my self chucking stuff in besides given recipes, so good book for basics but also liberating
on 27 August 2014
very pleased with the book and seller
on 2 October 2013
If you like smoothies then this is a very good book to buy. I have tried a few of them with my family they we thoroughly enjoyed those splendid flavours.