on 10 November 2013
Following on from the Essential CV writing book from the same author, I used this book after receiving confirmation of an interview. Following the same structure as the previous books in the series, all recommendations to giving the perfect interview are detailed from asking the right questions, the right amount of questions, preparing for a second interview to following-up with the interviewer afterwards. I found the advice on Skype interviews particularly helpful, as I hadn't prepared for one of these before.
All in all a great book, and I have been asked back for a second interview!
on 19 November 2013
Having read the other book by the same author about CV writing which greatly improved the response to my CV (and got me a couple of interviews) I decided to give this one a go. I haven't had my interviews yet, but already I feel much more confident about how to handle the - normally tense - interview situation which can be a bit difficult for me, and I'm much more prepared. If the advice given works as well as the advice given in the other book for CV writing I feel sure I can secure a great postition. We will see! Watch this space ;)
on 9 July 2014
I found this a very informative book with great tips. I'd highly recommend it to job seekers as a guide to getting the job they want.