Customer reviews

on 20 January 2011
I've been aware of The Escapist for some time and have made a point of watching all the "Zero Punctuation" video reviews (highly recommended!). For some reason though I never made much of an effort to read the other content on the site unless something particularly caught me eye.

I subscribed to this Kindle version mostly out of curiousity and had intended to cancel before the end of the trial, but having read a couple of editions I plan to continue my subscription. The magazine format of the website, with articles mostly relating to a common weekly theme, is obviously also well suited to the Kindle Magazine format. In addition the editors also seem to have made an effort to reformat for the kindle and although you don't seem to get every single image you do get the important ones from the articles and at a sensible size.

As for the content, I've found it well written and thought provoking. In particular I enjoy reading the articles by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (who creates the previously mentioned, famously breathless "Zero Punctuation" reviews). Sure I could go and read these articles on the web for free but I find it much easier to have them collected, properly indexed and delivered automatically to my kindle every week.
on 19 September 2011
I was about to write a review and then discovered that the only person to have written a review seems to have been inside my head at some point and copied what I was going to write.

I have the same views as J Root, read his review and save me having to copy/paste.