on 6 February 2004
AN EXCELLENT BOOK. Just wished i'd had it when i took up sewing again as it would have made things so much easier and more enjoyable. Good, clear, easy to follow pictures and written instructions. Everything for the home sewer whether its making clothes or home furnishings. This book wont be far from me whenever i am sewing
on 8 February 2012
I bought this "used" but it looked brand new so a real bargain. It told me exactly what to do in simple terms to make some curtains and there are other projects that look well explained. Obviously not for someone with a lot of expertise already but very good as reminder if you can't remember how to tackle something.
on 26 February 2009
The Encyclopedia of Sewing Techniques: A Comprehensive Visual Directory of Over 250 Sewing Techniques for Fashion and Home Furnishing

I found this book a bit disappointing in that although a lot of subjects were covered there were no photos and nothing was covered in real depth. I would recommend a beginner to buy Singer Complete Guide to Sewing.
on 4 January 2013
Another Christmas present for my Granddaughter who requested a book on basic techniques. I greatly appreciated the" look inside" facility which enabled me to browse through the several books on this topic. This book seemed the most straightforward one.
on 12 March 2013
Many of these techniques are old hat for experienced seamstress, but many are new to me, so I have enjoyed looking at the book and trying to remember to improve my techniques.
on 17 November 2013
I chose this book for my daughter who is having a sewing machine for Christmas, and has never used one before. I think it will serve her well as it explains each stage and has easy to follow photos.
on 16 January 2013
Bought this for my daughter as a sort of sewing bible and it does the job perfectly. A great book for those moments when you can't quite remember the best way to do something.
on 4 March 2014
just taking up sewing again needing more information about fabrics and techniques and sewing machine needles and what all the different feet are
on 16 September 2014
what can I say other than fab fab fab !!:) prompt delivery and an excellent price for an excellent book!! :) very happy indeed!!
on 26 June 2013
Simple to understand and easy to follow. Fabulous book. This book was reccommended by my sewing tutor as a "must have"