Customer reviews

on 9 November 2013
It is a good book to know the Celtic Wisdom. I liked it. I am very glad to read it.
on 18 December 2014
good book
on 4 November 2011
Mine is the 1994 paperback.

I put this book down in 1999 and forgot about it. I just nearly bought it again, stopped by a flash vision of where I'd shelved it.

It speaks of Celtic Shamanism. Half my blood is Celtic yet I usually think of other cultures, such as the Amerindians of North, Middle and South America as having the deepest Shamanic cultures, maybe wrongly.

Lots of stories and poetry. References to Celtic Goddesses and the significances of the cauldron. Lots of Celtic knot art.

456 pages
23 cm tall
15 cm wide
3.1 cm thick
The printing in my paperback is fairly small but this is a book that you will probably keep pausing with.
Good value for money.

This is a Shamanism of our own land, not a borrowed Shamanism nor a stiff recreated or imported invasive religion of rules and social control. What I have read is very good but I hope to come back later after giving it a new and thorough reading.

It was a shame to see it sitting there all lonely and totally unreviewed.
on 26 January 2017
Despite having ordered this book a long time ago, I have not actually received it. I thought that perhaps I had not completed the order. However, if that were the case, I would not be asked to review it. I have given one star simply because if I didn't award any stars, I couldn't get to the review stage. I hereby withdraw that star.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse