VINE VOICEon 17 June 2012
but still very readable. The Perenelles, Machiavelli, Billy the Kid, Black Hawk and various sundry others are all on Alcatraz attempting to stop the monsters that Dee unleashed from getting across to the mainland and thereby causing total carnage and possible annihilation of the human race. They are also attempting to arouse the old spider so she can help them. Their auras are becoming rapidly depleted though by having to fight so many monsters.

Meanwhile back in Danu Talis Josh and Sophia have been approached by Osiris and Isis who tell them that they are their parents. Neither Josh nor Sophia believe this for an instant and believe that the two Elders are only using them for their own ends.

There are many Elders named in this book including Abraham the Mage who gives Josh the Codex. Abraham, like many of the othe Elders is changing. This is the price it would seem paid for being an Elder. Meanwhile Bastet and her son are trying to have Aten murdered but Virginia Dare and the many humans who live on Danu Talis rise up and destroy their foe...........these mostly being the 'Anpu' creations of Bastet's son and some Elders who are in league with Bastet.

Josh and Sophia must reach the top of the huge golden pyramid and it is there that the prophecy will come to fruition. One twin to destroy the world and one twin to make it. It would be a huge spoiler to say which twin does what so I'll leave it at that.

The book does have some serious flaws though as another reviewer pointed out. It jumps peripatetically from one place to another, leaves you wondering how an Elder can be in two places at one time and generally isn't quite as good as the last books were. The other thing I didn't like was the use of American spelling throughout the book.
6 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2015
SPOILERS!!

I read the first five books and thoroughly enjoyed each one, the stories were progressing and I was getting familiar with the characters, however this book just confused me so much. The author added in all sorts of characters and names and it was impossible to keep track of all of them. It kept jumping from one place to the next, enemies became allies, allies became enemies, characters who were barely mentioned in the first five books ended up having huge rolls to play in the sixth book.

The twists and turns were not welcome, they just confused the story line even more. The twist with Isis and Osiris was ridiculous. The way they changed at the end was nonsense. Not even worth having their characters in the book at all.

What happened to Aoeifa? One moment she is sucked into another world and we hear no more then at the very end of the book she's married her friend? how did she escape? did someone rescue her? did she mend her relationship with her sister? much of this book is like this, unanswered questions leaving you feeling rather frustrated. Almost as though the author blabbed on for too long concentrating on adding in all these extra characters then ran out of time before explaining their situations.

It seems that 5 books with Dee as such a major character, he is almost forgotten about in the 6th book. The twists at the end didnt make any sense at all with Josh and his sister who seems to have lost all contact with even though they spent their whole lives convincing us that they could never be separated.

Very disappointed with this ending of this series. Not impressed and feel a little cheated out of my time wasted to read them all.
on 21 February 2015
Brilliant author. Very interesting stories and good deep plots. Throughly enjoyed reading these books. I've got to book 5 I think and I've got board. It seems like one big story from book 1 that they've just had to split into a number of books because they've ran out of pages. There isn't any real differences in plots or story when you start the next book, it's like you've just started a new chapter where usually with books in a series, the next book is based months/years later. Hopefully I'll pick up the next book soon as I've bought them all. Not rated it lower as I have enjoyed the books.
on 28 April 2018
Too many characters, too much from history and then distorted. Also, where history is used, it's often incorrect. Boring characters.
on 17 November 2013
I've been following this series by Michael Scott and it's a really good read. The story follows twins Josh and Sophie as they discover that they are "the two that are one" and have magical powers that get stronger as their journey through the world of myths and magic progress. Each book centres around one of the magical people they meet on their journey, those that are there to help them and those who want to kill them or use their powers for darker purposes.
on 7 June 2015
A good book, and writer, a good view to observe for our days and good service. A very entertaining and educative book though. The item does its purpose. Good service delivery too.Buy it. Know the author since my years ago.
on 1 November 2012
Having read the previous books my son has he then told me he had not bought the rest of the serious hence my purchase. I found that I just had to purchase this book to find out what happens. I ordered through Kindly and it arrived promptly so I was able to continue ready that day. The price was very reasonable and service excellent and easy.
on 29 April 2018
brilliant thank you
on 19 July 2017
great condition and arrived as agreed
on 6 October 2015
What a fabulous twist at the end....I honestly did not see that coming. Just what you want from a series....worth reading again methinks