on 15 June 2014
This is a fab book. David Roberts' illustrations are fantastic - you can see why he's so popular.

It's quite long for a picture book (54 pages) and almost feels a cross between a picture book and a comic. But this works really well with the story.

I bought the slightly cheaper version on here which when arrived I thought was a little on the small side. But after reading it, I preferred it that way. I also bought the sequel 'Dunderheads behind bars' which is also great but not as great. Go on and click buy!
on 24 May 2011
We first had this book from the library and it was such a hit that we bought our own copy. It has been a favourite ever since. Fantastic David Roberts illustrations and witty text. We like to read it in a Philip Marlowe voice and pretend it's a film noir.
on 6 November 2010
As a family we love David Roberts illustrations and it was the cover that drew me to the book. My 5 year old told me it looked boring but he was gripped from the first page and had to admit at the end he was wrong. It is definitely a story with some bite, as long as he doesn't act it out at school, especially the spitting!
on 2 August 2010
A funny, subversive story about a dreadful teacher and a group of resourceful children. Of course the children get the better of the teacher in the end.
The illustrations are good and the book should appeal to quite a wide age range.
on 17 July 2014
My daughter enjoyed this book very much. It has become 1 of her favourites. Delivery was prompt. No problems at all.
on 29 January 2015