on 21 July 2008
This was one of the first books I read when I was looking into Druidry back in 1994, and I'm so pleased to see it back in print. The open and honest writing drew me in, and encouraged me to take the same walk (twice) across the Sussex landscape. This, along with Elements of the Druid Tradition were two of the first books published about our modern Druid tradition. A gentle, deep, and personal story, which remains to this day my favourite book about Druidry. Highly recommended.
on 2 August 1999
The Druid Way is about one man's personal journey from Lewes in Southern England along the South Downs Way to Wilmington and back again. It guides the reader in a gentle and yet intriguing way through the mysteries of our celtic past. Snippets of history and lore intermingle with the author's vision of his walk, which combines Place, Time and Passage. A truly relaxing book to read in a reflective mood.
on 5 November 2009
I have the original version of this book. I return to it time and time again to re-read. It is evocative and well written and a wonderful read. If you are thinking of druidism, this is worth reading.
on 1 May 2013
Would recommend this to people who have started on the Druid Path. \an interesting trip down the way with an explanation of the principles of Druidry. Philip Carr-Gomm writes, and paints, an imaginative picture for those who have not visited this area in Sussex.
on 3 February 2000
I'm not particularly naive. After some years in the pagan community I have come across many different traditions and most practitioners have a healthy respect for one another. Certainly there is a tendency to believe your path is the best but generally there is a good spirit of tolerance.
This book I was particularly saddened by. The theory and practice of the Druidic way is fine but the intolerant views really turned me off. The less than flattering descriptions of other Pagan paths and Wicca in particular, left me with a bad taste in my mouth. In some cases, the information about other paths was incorrect.
... I have always believed that Pagan differences have been a strength. Quibbling over which method is best or more correct saddens me. I feel sorry for those that read this book and don't know better.
on 3 June 2005
This was written by someone who doesn't know Sussex very well (he'd only been living there a for a few months when he wrote this), clearly had it in for Wicca (although he has since written works that try to claim Druidry and Wicca are very much one and the same thing), and ripped-off ideas and narrative from other, much better authors. The author should be ashamed to call himself Druid for allowing this work to continue in print.