Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 14 October 2011
J.C. Martin's THE DOLL is a delightfully creepy novelette and a must-read for any horror lover.

Joyce Parker and her daughter journey to Mexico's Island of the Dolls. If the hanging dolls weren't scary enough, the dark altar to a drowned child will, at least to Joyce. Her daughter is delighted with the dolls and wants to take one for her own. Unfortunately for Joyce and her family, the horror is just beginning.

THE DOLL may be a quick read, but it packs a punch in the horror world. Every word is necessary for this complete tale. The characters are well-rounded. The dark spiritual overtones bring goose bumps to my arms and make me cast a wary eye towards dolls. I love how the story unfolded from mysterious and strange in the beginning to downright horrific at the end. It's truly a story best read in the daytime, if you want to sleep at night.

Move over, Chuckie, a new doll is in town and you won't want to miss reading J.C. Martin's THE DOLL.
on 19 July 2016
Short book read in 1he. About a child n her parent going to visit the island of dolls. No ordinary dolls they are the bodies of different people and children who drowned in the river that leads to the island.
on 11 May 2015
I first heard about this Island in a song called "La Moneca-Queen Of the Island Of Dolls"by Kathryn Roberts and Sean Lakeman ,worth checking their you tube vid.This story is like the song, sad and creepy at the same time.I think the fact that its a real place makes it more creepy, not sure I would want to visit but it is fascinating,this story was very entertaining and very scary,well worth a read if you like horror.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 August 2015
I really enjoyed this short story. It had me gripped from beginning to end. Dolls can be really spooky looking and after reading this book I don't think I could look at certain ones in the same way again. So glad I'm not a child anymore as after reading this book I certainly wouldn't want to pick one up and play with it!
on 28 December 2015
I've seen places where they hang dolls from trees but only in movies. I read this book and finished it at 4.30am. I fell straight to sleep but not through boredom .... I just couldn't put it down till I finished it! Brilliant!!!
on 9 August 2014
The Doll, a novelette by J.C Martin, is a creepy and sinister read.

A mother and her daughter take a trip to The Island of Dolls, an island surrounded by hanging dolls, dedicated to a drowned child.
The story begins mysteriously, as you read on the suspense just builds and builds, leading to a very unexpected and sinister ending.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves horror. Or anyone who i a fan of not being able to sleep at night.

My full-length review of this book can be read in this article: http://goo.gl/KuzHST
on 3 October 2014
A short tale, but the story moves along very nicely.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes a creepy supernatural suspense tale.
It Is quite short but there are a couple of nice twists.
I will look out for more of this author's books.
Hopefully they will be a bit longer without losing any of the suspense!
on 13 October 2011
This is a gripping, scary story. I couldn't stop reading. The writing is exquisite, and the storytelling is inventive. If you are a fan of horror stories, this is a must read.
on 6 February 2015
What a great scary story...dolls can be really eerie given the right circumstances & this did not disappoint. Short but a very full story & put the spooks up me. A good twist at the end. I wish it had been longer as I enjoyed it very much...
on 24 May 2014
Ugh Dolls!! Is there anything more creepy than dolls, they have always creeped me out.
I used to hide all my dolls in the cuboard when I was a wee girl or my over active imagination would have them moving and sneaking up on me in the dark while I was in bed.
This story reminds me of that fear. It's short, It's creepy and it's got dolls. What's not to enjoy?