Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Now Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 29 January 2014
A must buy! I'm not inclined to do book reviews but I'd like to recommend this book. I've purchased a dozen books on Disneyland, but they all just have little glimpses. This book covers everything and it explains a lot. Why things are this or that way, and such.

I found that all the stories and myths I've heard over the years, were tied up in one very neat and easy-to-read book. Thorough explanations, details, and facts, including little details that are rarely mentioned. Things like the reason the subs are so costly to run. The many changes of Autopia and things like that. The history on the progression of the rides was fantastic. I know quite about about Disneyland, but discovered so much more than I imagined. Subjects like city planning and real estate. The facts behind the Long Beach project and the George Lucas partnership, are some of the many subjects that are covered within.

Some of the books about Disneyland are hit and miss, with the events out of order, or just random facts. This book starts at the beginning and development process of Disneyland, and follows all the way through the building of Downtown Disney and Disney California Adventure. It's very comprehensive and easy to follow.

I found that this book, is by far the best book about Disneyland that I've picked up. It contains so many tidbits of information. The bibliography is astounding. Props to Sam for putting the information all together for us in one place! Considering the amount of information contained inside, it's a steal! It's the only book you'll ever need on the history, gestation, and building of Disneyland. It then follows the ever-changing park through the next nearly-sixty years. Management changes and all.

For a great book with photos, I have "Disneyland-Then, Now, And Forever"/Written by Bruce Gordon and Tim O'Day, 2005 and "Disneyland Through The Decades/Jeff Kurtti. Both exceptional, but you won't get the history lesson along with it.
on 6 March 2015
Not the best Disney book I have read - I would reccormend reality land as this book is so much better and includes pictures.
on 12 February 2015
Really well written. A must for all Disney fans!