Customer reviews

The Didymus Contingency
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.70

on 11 February 2014
This book was interesting, fun and at times a little freaky. Which let's face it, is what Jeremy Robinson does best. I didn't really know what to expect from this book but having heard a lot of positive things about it thought it was high time I gave it a go. I can see why the book got so many positive comments and why so many people consider it to be one of Robinson's best work to date. It really grabs your attention and doesn't let go until the final page.
on 13 January 2014
I've read a lot of reviews for this book and I must say; People that gave it one star and a harsh review need to lighten up just a little. Yes. It's nonsense, but it's an enjoyable read and good fun. After all; It is fiction. Some reviews complained that the author doesn't go into any detail about how the characters travel backwards and forwards in time. Does this really matter as its impossible any way. Just enjoy the story for what it is. A little bit of escapism.
on 7 November 2014
Interesting. As a Christian who has read the Bible more than once but interested in scifi time travel I was reluctant to read this. I had preconceptions as to what it would be like. I finally gave it it a go and downloaded it in Kindle as an experiment with the technology at the same time.

First the book. It very quickly dispelled all my preconceptions and caught my interest. Similarities to some 1970’s TV series became apparent. When the Biblical times turned up I was torn. It was interesting to read about the disciples semi ‘laddish’ behaviour and by that I mean having a good time and having fun, not smashing things up or bedding women. On the other hand I began to wonder how close to heresy or a rewrite of the Bible I was getting.

It became a very long tract (literature produced to explain Chritianity) in places. The action scenes were good. The Bibliclal scenes were good and bad in different places.

The return to normal times was VERY surprising and had elements of at least one other film which I won’t mention as it will be a spoiler but was a definite ‘must read on’.

On the whole a good read and would recommend it.
on 1 December 2014
I must confess to humming about this book after reading a review, im glad i went with my gut. I thoroughly enjoyed it, read it on holiday, and cant believe i didn't get the twist, but it blew me away all the same. I even had no problem with the portrayal of Jesus in a fictional character (he came across as someone who you could actually see people following). it gave me a little boost in faith reading it. Great little story.
on 8 February 2015