on 20 July 2013
Another great book, thought it was the final as it was very gripping and exciting but there is one more to go which I'm very sad to discover has not been written yet :( I will be def buying this as soon as it gets released and I'm very curious to know what happens to the young Callie :)
"A Diamond in my Heart" is my favorite of the three novels. Brand is probably part of the reason. I like him a lot more than Chris.

Chris is difficult to get a handle on. I'm sure that is Angell's intention. Is he for Mathea's work or is he against? How does he tackle the whole situation with Calli? It is obvious he at least lusts for her and he has previously seemed to love her (according to surface thoughts). But loving a person does not necessarily mean that we look out for their best interests.

Calli is even more confounded by Chris' behavior than I am. It must be weird having a person change their behavior toward you almost from day to day. Realising the seriousness of having a shard of diamond lodged in her heart is a process. Coming to accept that protecting her heart also means keeping a distance between herself and Chris would also be difficult.

Freedom craves having Calli's shard in his possession. He will go to any length to get it. Killing her is only part of it.

Brand's ability to repeat comes in quite handy in "The Diamond of Freedom". Life would be a whole lot more difficult without him.

There was plenty of action in "The Diamond of Freedom". At the beginning of the novel Chris and Calli are on the run after Brand saved their lives. They are trying to stay off-radar but are finding that a challenge. From there on we go from one adventure to the other. Some of it is kind of funny (like the biker gang) and Chris' uncle was adorable (yes I mean that). Kind of cute in his own way.

We are told a bit more about the world of Mathea and meet some of the other Diamond-bearers. I'm left wondering what sort of person I would be after 5000 years. How would it be possible to keep up her motivation for keeping the world in balance for all that time? Is it even possible to retain all of the flighty emotions we short-lived people have? Thankfully I will never find out.

How do I know Lorena Angell (and her son Joshua) have created a well-written fantasy novel? I am left wondering and pondering the characters and their future. That really is the sign of a good series/serial. The author has to keep her readers interested in the story-line and characters that live in it. Good job Lorena. I certainly want to read the next addition to The Unaltered series.
on 7 January 2015
Brilliant just wanted to read the next book but oh no had to state a. Bloody review I am loving the books but not loving being told I had to wright I review before I could read a book I had already down loaded and paid for!! Why could they not wait until I had finished!!! Grrrrrrrrr
on 30 December 2013
was an easy reading book would reccommend reading it hence why i bought all the book of this particular series
on 15 October 2014
I was hooked and ended up buying the whole series. Totally captivated
on 14 September 2014
Good book for adults and teenagers alike
on 13 October 2014
Really enjoyed the full series
on 16 October 2014