Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 July 2012
As a recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic I have found it very hard to work out what to eat. I bought the Anthony Worrel Thompson cookery books - Low GI Diet and the Diabetes Cookery book and found them BOTH so confusing, in fact I gave them to the charity shop in the end. But this book if FANTASTIC! It has easy to see scores for GI, Calories, Saturated fat and Salt. So at one glance I can see what is very healthy, what is medium and what is a treat. The recipes are easy to follow, some with great photographs. I've only had the book a few days, but have managed to keep to the recipes and have lost some weight and my sugar levels are coming down.
Even if you are not a diabetic, this is a great book. I recommend the sesame oatcakes (cooking as I type and smell fantastic). The mushroom lasagne is great too.
Happy eating!
on 26 July 2017
Delighted with my 'used' book. Excellent conditition & amazing value
on 27 September 2011
for a newly diagnosed type 2 invaluable
easy to read
great pictures and really everything and all those questions rolled into a neat great value package
you will go a long way to beat this book
i bought as a present but was able to have a sneak preview from a friend but even without that the title says it all and there is a lot more inside the cover
on 6 May 2012
I have had this book for about three weeks now and have used it a lot! I am not diabetic, but I have PCOS and therefore have been advised to try a low GI diet. The book provides a GI ranking for each recipe and it is packed with delicious and creative ideas from breakfast to dinner, including delicious desserts and breads. The ingredients are not hard to find and the instructions in the recipes are simple and easy to follow. I would recommend this book 100%!
on 5 January 2013
Not just a recipe book but covering and explaining the whole condition.Well explained and good easy everyday ingredients to make life easier.
on 29 June 2017
This was a gift for a very special friend who uses it a lot.
on 2 November 2010
An attractive illustrated book, with wide ranging recipes, with a modern slant, well chosen for diabetics
on 24 January 2014
Recently diagnosed as Type 2 I've bought loads of books recently and also searched the internet for helpful advice. This book is one of my favourites. Its easy to understand but not condescending. It seems to include all the correct information about diet too (which is not always the case with the diebetic cookbooks out there) Add to that that it also includes great recipes and you have a winner. I would recommend this
on 9 December 2012
My Dad was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and didn't know where to start with changing his diet. I looked through pages of these books on Amazon reading all the different reviews. I finally decided on this one and what a difference it has made!! Dad has never felt so good, he has lost 2stone in 17 weeks due to a change in diet and a brisk walk every day. My mum isn't a big food person so isn't very adventurous when it comes to cooking but even she enjoys cooking these recipes. They are every day ingredients but tasty and not boring. Fingers crossed my dad will be able to manage his diabetes with his diet and not tablets. I hope this has helped and good luck to all.
on 17 December 2012
Having recently been diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic I worried about the effect on my diet. I needn't have! With this cookbook and its amazing variety of recipes there is absolutely no problem. it's really an excellent guide and I am clear that I had no need to worry about limited diet. I reckon I am eating just as well as before, and with the bonus that I am eating more healthily. Thoroughly recommended.