on 16 September 2004
I bought this book 4 years ago, and have found it very useful. I research various different issues to do with children psychology and development, and this book has been so much help with a number of issues. It covers a wide range of issues and topics. It is very informative and detailed, is very easy to use, and clearly laid out. It is also not written with lots of jargon, but easily read. It has definitely helped me with my studies!
on 17 February 2015
Received this book really quickly after ordering it and I was pleasantly surprised with its quality and newness as I had bought it second hand. Real bargain.
on 29 October 2014
Actually quite a badly damaged item, but the content of the book was fine.
on 23 April 2017
excellent condition thank you
on 21 January 2013
Will use this often and like the way it is set out, the language used in it and the information provided.
on 1 November 2009
I bought this item because it is the core text required for the foundation degree course i'm taking. It is very informative, set out well in lots of easy to follow chapters and is easy to use, which when reading lots of other sources of information at the same time is what you really want.
on 12 January 2001
This book considers one of contemporary controversial issues in child psychology: is the child made invulnerable by an early secure attachment or doomed to psychopathology by an insecure attachment? Setting the scene from John Bowlby's (1969) attachment theory it gives excellent background about the level of security of the infants' attachment as related to his or her behavior; however, it sheds but a few beams on contemporary child psychology with long-term consequences and/or prospects. Although researchers have studied attachment deficit for many years, its existence, prevalence, and significance remain largely unknown to the general public as well as to most therapists. Despite its prevalence, none of today's psychological therapies recognize, let alone treat, this syndrome, and adults with attachment deficit are often misdiagnosed as having a "personality disorder" or are sent for marriage counseling; consequently, their prospects for recovery are unlikely. Perhaps H. Bee could expand on post infant development in her next edition as the two are definetely related and should be seen as mutually dependant aspects of human development as a whole. Good reference for child psychology research alone.
on 12 June 2011
Very good book when studying childcare, very in depth and helped me alot.
NOT suitable for beginners in childcare as some knowledge is required to understand the terminology
on 22 December 2009
I had used this book before in my studies and was delighted to source a second hand copy which was a 2000 edition.
The book is well structured and illustrated. It is suitable for those with an interest in child development from all aspects. It is useful as a source of information for training others.

A good standard text book for the shelf of any one working with children
on 19 September 2010
I first bought this book as it was on my uni Reading list. I found it useful for all of my assignments as well as interesting. This copy got ruined so I bought the latest edition when I had my baby. I still find it very interesting although some of it is a little heavy going if you are looking at it simply from a parent's point of view.