on 27 April 2017
Katie and her less than happy curvy friends meet weekly at 'Slimming Zone' but no matter what they try the pounds are not shifting and they are becoming more and more miserable. Until it is decided that they will leave the weigh-ins behind to meet weekly to do something fun instead like going to the theatre, out for meals and even as the 'Curvy Girls Club' expands 'Speed Dating' (which I would really have loved to read more about).

However things change as Katie becomes ill and the pounds suddenly start to drop off, Jane gets herself into trouble with online slimming fads, Ellie is having trust issues and Pixie is wearing fluffy onsie's to dampen the unwanted advances of her husband. To find out more you really should pick up a copy a little light-hearted read.
on 19 November 2015
Loved this book... I was never comfortable in my own skin and was always trying one diet or another.. I really thought I had to be thin to be healthy and beautiful. My ex, some friends were always saying I needed to workout more, eat less, eat healthier etc and it wasn't until I divorced and connected with older friends who knew me for me that I realised that I had to be myself and love myself as I am, a curvy, scarred, much lived in lady whose seen life and embraced it in my own way... To me it doesn't matter whether you are fat, thin, muscled or not you are you and as the Bible says, "fearfully and wonderfully made". Love, love and be happy.....
on 9 February 2015
I am not a fan of chicklit but read this book for my book club. I expected a light rom com about losing weight and finding love with a couple of Lol moments. How wrong was I? This is a must read book for every girl aged 8 to 88. This book has made me rethink my attitude to diets and weight loss and people's perception to being overweight. I am sure that every female can identify with something in this book and it is a credit to Michele Gorman that this book tackles this weighty issue with such compassion and humour. 4.5 stars from me.
on 18 September 2017
A good book with very likeable and lifelike characters- believable and almost like reading a diary
At times I found the story a little slow but the underlying issues and how they were handled would resonate with many people and could impact them in a positive way.
on 22 February 2015
I bought this on pre-release then forgot about it so it was a lovely surprise when it just dropped onto my Kindle one day recently/ It didn't disappoint. This is a book for today's woman, whether she is large or small, and makes some intelligent observations of how we all allow ourselves to be defined by our own and others' attitudes. The characters are believable and attractive and there is a proper, satisfying ending. I read it all in one sitting with a naughtily late night and a generous side order of hot chocolate.
on 19 March 2017
Being a curvy girl myself, this book appealed as an entertaining read. It dealt with the subject really well, was quite light hearted but with enough grit to make you think about size and perceptions. All's well that ends well. Good Sunday afternoon read.
on 20 August 2016
As a member of a slimming club who struggles but has made a few very good friends their I can relate to a Ltd of the issues captured in the story
on 18 September 2015
Lightweight and predictable. Enjoyable enough for beach read to pass the time but could easily put down. No real depth to characters or situations but that' s what chick lit is all about.
on 29 May 2017
For anyone (that includes most people) who had ever suffered with poor self image, this is a really fun story that truthfully deals with this issue and highlights the importance of being happy in your skin be it fat, thin, tall or short...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 August 2015
An enjoyable read that was actually quite thought provoking and not your typical chick lit book. Being a typical yo yo dieter myself I could really relate to the characters in this book. Great chick lit read with a deeper meaning.