on 3 August 2017
A well written, ingenious plot with considerable pace.
This book is not my usual selection, but followed "the Uprising". This book completed the storyline ,with I believe another to follow.
The characters were well formed, with the exception of the young lad, Declan who was introduced for and given a purpose , which stretched the imagination too far.
One person found this helpful
on 31 May 2013
I am not usually a vampire fan, but purchased Scott's two vampire novels - because they were written by SM.
Read Uprising whilst awaiting release of his new book and found it acceptable and absorbing.
Yesterday at 10.00am, I began to read The Cross.
I could not put the book down and have just completed the whole book (15.00pm).
I have virtually read it non-stop (ignoring txt messages, doorbell and grandson shouting through my letterbox).
This is a damn good storyline which made me feel that I was actually there, experiencing the whole thing. There is a mix of characters that gel together perfectly and thankfully, the good guys didn't get killed.
I hope there will be more follow-up's of this storyline. And because SM makes his characters so believable and endearing, I really hope the group of unlikely allies is included in the next Vampire book.

I will add that to understand The Cross, one needs first to read Uprising.
on 28 January 2012
This book lives up to its reviews. Builds on the existing characters from Uprising together with some new characters. Great now Joel & Alex are on an even footing, you can see they will be a force to be reckoned with and you're dying for the moment they meet again.

Although Gabriel is my favourite character, he's so insulting and loves the good things in life.

This has definitely become a subject the author can extend, my daughter's just read through the book and loves Alex and keeps asking me when the next instalment is out and I hope soon!

In the meantime, I have just ordered a kindle and going to read Scott's Ben Hope series.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and read this one straight after it and seeing as it is seamless because its a trilogy, I assume, the story carries on from the very next day.

It's a very good compelling read that I found hard to put down.

The characters are all very good and believable and the creatures are well thought up and easy to visualise.

Loved the twist and explanation of where vampires originated from.

If you like a good vampire novel then read this series as I think you'll be pleased.
on 25 December 2011
I have both books and it's a must to read. They were both excellent. The first book was hard to get into at the beginning, as it went from one place to the next, but then I couldn't put it down. As soon as I finished the first book I went straight to kindle store to get the second book. I loved that as much or maybe more so. The problem I have, is there another book to follow on. It doesn't say there is. Please please please let there be another book.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2012
I ordered this book while reading the first one cause that was so good and the second book didn't disappoint!! These books keep you interested but at the same time they are easy reading, a perfect mix....and if you haven't read the first book it makes no difference as it's all explained in this book anyway! If you love Vampires as much as I do then you should definitely read this book it's great.....when is the next one coming out!!!!!
on 21 August 2017
Excellent book - will there be a third and final book in this series ? Hope so.
on 22 December 2011
What a superb sequel to Uprising. The same characters with some new ones added for good measure and a fast paced and exciting storyline. Even if vampires are not really your thing..and they certainly aren't mine..this is a totally gripping and thrilling read. And the author nicely sets the stage for number three in the series..hopefully we won't have to wait too long for that.
Absolutely brilliant. Not to be missed.
One person found this helpful
on 10 November 2016
Sorry: books messed with review. Tersely written, enthralling genre . Makes you beg for intrepid bunch of misfits out for next volume of adventures!
on 18 January 2017
Half way through reading this and its holding my attention. I dont want to stop reading it but need to sleep and work which takes the fun out of it.