on 3 January 2015
Bought this on the recommendation of an acquaintance and some of the reviews. In practice, if you followed the advice it may feel more like a boot camp than a happy, loving, nurturing environment that encourages your baby to explore and learn.

Babies need routine, yes, but the techniques herein should make the book title The Regimented Little Baby Book. I'm no laissez faire hippy, but there are limits.

Seems to work for some but sorry - Gina Ford not for me or mine.
on 17 July 2017
The book is extremely unrealistic and has no data. The Happiest Baby on the Block has more data, and realistic expectations and data regarding newborns. Gina Ford has the nerve to say that none of her babies cry at all, while The Happiest Baby on the Block clearly gives data that shows the expected time that babies cry per day distributed by age (extremely non zero). Ford gives no examples of how to actually maintain a schedule, that requires purchasing another book by Ford which likely has no data other than anecdotal evidence. Attempting to maintain Ford's drill sargent like regime made our baby miserable. THBotB gives actual techniques on how to sooth a crying baby. Do not waste money on this book. This woman gives no data, no evidence other than her "word". I do not understand why British people read it, no American has ever recommended it to me.
on 14 July 2017
What a great book!
Some family members winced when I told them I was reading Gina Ford. Saying she's far to strict and what she expects is cruel.
I really enjoyed reading it, so many things just seem like common sense! My baby is due in a few weeks and I feel empowered and much more confident with the choices I will be making so we have a happy, well fed and contented baby. I have friends who have used Ford's routines from day one and have happy babies who sleep all through. Definitely worth a try, surely?
on 27 June 2017
Helped me a lot with my first would recommend, but would not take everything so literally
on 27 June 2016
A concise and clear guide on how to potty train.
on 26 June 2017
Has given me clear advice and ideas to begin this perilous journey!
on 7 July 2017
Great book, simply written, arrived in a very good state despite being used.
on 25 June 2015
This woman knows nothing about being a mother , her regimented methods and 'bossy' instructions will leave you feeling like a failed mother! Don't bother with this book unless you have a robot baby
on 14 December 2016
Very useful book for new parents
on 8 July 2015
A good book which gives a lot of general advice but always tailor everything to your own child as you know her best.