on 2 May 2016
I had thought that this book would be a comprehensive guide to using butter cream, but it's not. There is a short chapter on using butter cream and just one butter cream recipe. No discussion on the merits of the various types of buttercream such as swiss meringue etc. And a small chapter on things you can add - largely suggesting various sweets that you can stick into the buttercream as decorations.

The bulk of the book is about decorating with buttercream - piping techniques. But scant little regarding texture.

Virtually nothing on how to successfully ice a cake with buttercream such as how to crumb coat and what with.

As a buttercream 'bible' I felt it fell short of what the title promised. As a 'bible' of buttercream piping techniques it is probably just the thing.
on 22 May 2014
Fully recommended!!

I wish I had this book when I first started.
Full of wonderful ideas & helpful tips that I've not seen in any other book. The ladies explain certain 'Cake Dec' phrases and equipment that, when I began.. not only did I not understand but I had to try & find out about them myself - Confusing.

If you are a beginner and wish to introduce yourself into the world of cake decorating & have your work show the "WOW" factor then THE BUTTERCREAM BIBLE is that book.
on 22 October 2015
I am a beginner to buttercream and found this book so enjoyable to read. It is nice visually and there are clear step by step pictures to go alongside each design. Included are a number of different and interesting techniques to try out as well. The only tiny criticism I have is that the book works from one buttercream recipe, but personally, I would have found it really useful if more types of buttercream recipes had been discussed or tips given relating to this. Overall would definitely recommend it though.
on 4 July 2015
I cannot give it five stars because I have not used the recipes yet. However, having read most of it the step by step instructions are very clear, the pictures are helpful and the final products look amazing. I am sure it will be a great help to me when I make my son's wedding cake. Valeri even tells you how long in advance you can make the cake one thing that was worrying me. Thank you Valeri.
on 9 April 2016
A really nice book which shows some creative techniques. A must for any cake decorator who likes decorating cakes with Buttercream.
on 24 August 2016
Very nice book.i love this book. It explains everything like how to make buttercream and how to decorate. Some new technique. This book even better for the new bakers.it tells which brand butter to use in which country. Very well instructions.. Love love it
on 19 March 2016
Good book even if I am not a cake decorator,but I use it to decorate my desserts.
on 3 March 2017
Fabulous book.. So many new ideas and methods
on 30 December 2014
I have been decorating cakes for a while now, but am much better with fondant work and have decided to try to learn some new skills. Ordered this book as I have followed Queen of Heart Couture Cakes on social media sites and admired their work. Although understandably this book does not give away all of their trade secrets it has a huge number of hints and tips to create some pretty amazing cakes.
The pages with what designs can be piped with which nozzle is great - saves a lot of experimenting to get the right result. The designs vary from simple to more complicated cakes and will suit beginners and more experienced alike. If you are imaginative with the techniques they explain the cake designs are endless.
on 27 October 2014