on 6 October 2011
I've been looking for different ways to sell my photos as well as incorporating them into other things like books and polymer clay. This book has given me lots of ideas that I can't wait to get started with. Some of the materials needed I've not heard of, but I'm not sure if that's beacause they're American or I just haven't come across them yet in the art/craft world.

The only small things I would have liked to see would be to see more original images before they were altered and maybe numbered steps or a bit more detail for some of the techniques. However, having read through a lot of the book already, I don't think this is a big problem.

Certainly a book to get you thinking creatively.
on 2 February 2018
It’s okay, but nothing I’ve not seen before.
on 5 January 2011
simple, easy projects using available meterials and very nice ideas.of course, the works you find in the book are all very personal and similar one another -the author has obviously her own style- but once you 've learned the few techniques you can create nice things your own.
on 20 October 2014
Interesting to follow.
on 10 July 2015
Interesting book and great value arrived on time
on 13 September 2015
Not for beginners but lovely to read
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 December 2010
I bought this book because I was looking for some inspiration and info on techniques I could incorporate into my art sketchbook. Most of the techniques in this book involve taking a photograph and then altering it using different techniques such as monoprinting, bleaching, incorporating found objects, editing on your computer etc.

It's an OK book but I found the featured work to be quite 'same-ey'. Does give you instructions for specific projects but they appear clumped together in a single paragraph and are difficult to grasp (I found myself having to read the paragraph several times to understand the steps involved). I don't see why the author couldn't just break up the instructions by numbering steps instead of having them appear as one big chunk - it's quite off-putting.

Overall, there are definitely some nice things to look at in this book but it's a bit of a let down. If you just want inspiration from other artists (no techniques described), try 1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations which has a much better variety of finished work - there's examples of altered imagery but so many other things like illustration & mixed media work. As for finding a book that instructs well in conveying the art of altered imagery, I guess the hunts goes on for me.
on 26 July 2009
This book was one of the first books I bought when i decided to brand out from the world of 35mm & digital photography.. this is the book that got me into graphic design. It has a wonderful array of mixed media tools, instructions and pieces of art.. mostly derived from imagery. The author of the book is an Art teacher so all instructions are portrayed concisely. I love this book and it really helped me discover the type of artist i wanted to be. It was the beginning of a wonderful journey and I still refer back to this book regularly. A true find
on 16 November 2010
This book does have some really good ideas for altering books. However, the author is American and quite a few of the products referred to are not immediately recognisable to an English reader, which seriously reduces an English crafter's/artist's ability to put all the ideas into practice. That said with access to the internet and some extra work, English versions can probably be found.
on 5 April 2009
Really great book. Lovely ideas. Has been used as inspiration for one of my GCSE Art students during her exam.