on 20 June 2017
I love Jill Barklem!
I'm madly in love with the world of Jill Barklem's mice!
This is a detailed drawing world with its peaceful kind atmosphere.
Many thanks to the seller: Brit-Books
review image review image review image
on 18 July 2017
Brambly Hedge is a beautiful series, I love them. This complete collection is great to have and is printed on high-quality paper. My one slight disappointment and why I give this product 4/5 stars is because all of the pictures inside the book are printed with a "warm" hue (perhaps caused by the paper, which is not shiny white, but more creamy) - that is, all the illustrations tend towards red and brown and as a result lack the crisp feeling of clean, well-balanced colour prints. I can compare this as I have an old edition of two of the stories, where the pictures do not suffer from this slight mishap.
on 3 March 2017
Thought this would be in the box set I had when I was young but it was actually one big book with all the stories in, which was a little disappointing as it was bought for a 3 year old, so the book is too heavy for her.
on 14 June 2017
loved it. thankyou very much
on 31 July 2017
Bought as a christening gift for a friend, lovely keepsake with such detailed drawings and timeless stories
on 9 June 2017
Amazing book, so much details and such lovely stories. The book itself is very good quality, definitely recommend.
on 8 April 2017
Charming stories, I read them as a child and am now enjoying listening to them with my children.
on 26 June 2017
This was given as a gift to a 3 year old who loved it
on 9 January 2015
The plots are rather weak and twee, but the pictures are great. If only she had someone else writing her stories...
on 9 March 2010
Perhaps I'm borrowing words from previous reviews, but really those are two extremely apt words to describe this book. Not only are the stories perfect for reading to children, but the illustrations are superb - I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy flicking through them for my own benefit as well! I'll definitely be keeping this to pass onto grandchildren and I'm sure they'll enjoy it just as much.