Customer reviews

on 21 June 1999
The reader is engrossed with the book from the first moment. I enjoyed his telling of Polar Bear's antics and how they grew to have a very special relationship. It was reminiscent of my own cat, Ophelia, who lived to be 20 years old, and when she died it took me a long time to get over it. As Cleveland Amory put it: She lives in my heart forever. My only regret is that I didn't know about the book sooner so that I could have shared my comments with Mr. Amory. His book holds a special place in my heart.
on 8 April 1998
How wonderful to see Cleveland Armory's stories of Polar Bear all in one place! Armory writes with warmth, compassion, and humor about his adventures with the stray cat who adopts him. Polar Bear is a wonderful creature, and Armory captures his every mood with flair and style. A must read for anyone who loves cats, or even just a good story.
on 20 June 2013
...which I read in Danish... Since the book hasn't been translated into Swedish and probably won't be, I just HAD TO get it in English. During my soon-coming vacation, I'll treat myself to the "trilogy in one". Äm sure I'll not be disappointed!

From another cat-lover
on 15 April 1998
I read The Cat Who Came for Christmas over and over throughout my middle school years. I loved Polar Bear's story--especially the very beginning, where he was coaxed out of his hiding place to snatch pieces of cheese.
on 15 April 1999
I read these books some time ago and found them extremely heart warming. I loved them and am buying another copy for a gift. They will brighten up any reader's day... Recommend highly...