Customer reviews

The quality of paper used for the book is very good, and it has a nice hardcover.
The box is nice
but I was very disappointed to read something on page 13 -It is under the main heading of FOLKLORE AND MAGICA
The subtitle is Taghairm
The paragraph says---
''The seer was wrapped in a bull's hide, fell into a trance and by various extreme methods, such as the impaling of cats, forced
spirits to come to his aid.''
I found this extremely distasteful and was so surprised to read such a distressing thing as 'impaling cats' in a book about Celtic tree divination.
It totally put myself and friends off the entire book and box set.
on 16 December 2015
Unfortunately I thought the oracle cards come with the book .... They didn't!
on 24 March 2009
First of all, I was pleasantly surprised at the packaging and presentation of this product, I wasnt expecting it to come in a wooden box, so first impressions were great.

I tend to use the tarot more and decided to try oracle cards for a different outlook and interpretation. Having always had an interest in Celtic astrology and such, and having celtic roots myself, I wanted to find an oracle deck that I could relate to. I think that the Celtic Tree Oracle cards are fantastic, the meanings are very deep and spiritual but also very easy to understand, one can ask a question and yes, pull out one card and have that question answered. From a seemingly relatively small amount of text for each card, ok, two pages isnt that small, but the actual meaning or answer contained within, seems to 'branch' out like a tree, expand, so the knowledge received is far more than what is written on those two pages. I totally recommend this book and cards.
on 1 July 2013
Pleased to recieve this excelent set in great condition, is a much sought after item and the education available in siple terms make me proud to be a Celt. Tree knowledge is a bonus and the language information only expands the appreciation and interest of the language and history of This land.
on 1 July 2015
Very interesting way to explore our interior. Enjoying the insights.
on 20 December 2011
I got this because I fell in love with the cards, came complete and in very good condition. The box is a little rough, but the set as a whole is very nice.
on 12 September 2017
Looks good, the divination seems very complicated though
on 25 April 2013
I loved the look and feel of this, and even more the content, I ordered two somewhat similar items, I love them both, this one, with the wooden box is stunning.
This set of cards is unlike others, (for example Angel Cards or Inspirational cards) where you shuffle the cards and either read one or three, (depending on the questions you’re asking). This set of Celtic Tree cards must be set out in a very precise manner and this method needs to be studied and practised before one can really get a correct reading. I’m therefore grateful that I put off opening the cards and simply doing a shuffle and choosing the cards, instead finding the right time and place to concentrate on how and why I needed to follow the pattern of reading them as set out by the creators – Liz and Colin Murray.

The reading that I did get, was exceptionally interesting and very insightful and as I seem to have been in somewhat of a wilderness spiritually for some time, I found that by doing this reading, I could once again start focusing on my soul’s needs.

Liz and Colin Murray must have spent years researching and putting this set together. The detail and depth of this method stems from ancient times when druids would use certain trees or shrubs to help them understand whatever it was they were being asked to give their opinion about.

I will be doing a reading once a month as suggested and it will be interesting to see whether I keep receiving the same message as today, where a particular group of cards kept repeating themselves.

Treebeard

Breakaway Reviewers received a set of these cards to review.
on 19 June 2001
The Celtic Tree Oracle is a revealing and fascinating read. As someone who has been struggling to come to grips with reading the Tarot for years (and not really getting anywhere !) this is a system which is simple and refreshing; the condensed (or simpler) meaning attached to the cards can be learnt with relative ease - yet allows for deeper interpretation of the cards as the reader becomes more experienced. The initial feeling that this is a simplistic system of divination is not confused with shallowness, for the many and diverse symbols within each card allow for a myriad of differing results, depending on each individual situation being considered. The illustrations in both book and on the cards are truly inspiring and beautiful and can be meditated upon individually in the same way as Tarot. I would recommend this book and the cards to both beginners and experts in divinatory methods - those with a special affinity to trees and woodlands will also find them special, whether or not they use them as intended.