Customer reviews

on 21 August 1998
I work at a Catholic Church - and I am constantly referring to Robert and Virginia Broderick's book for answers to questions that often baffle me. Not once have I had to turn a visitor or caller away. This is one of the best Catholic encyclopiedias around - written with lay-people in mind. It is easy to understand, and, literally, warms the hearts of the readers. There are 150 pen-and-ink (liturgical) drawings by Virginia Broderick - one of the greatest Catholic artists alive today - illustrating many of the entries her late husband explains. The drawings alone are worth much more than you'll be paying for the encyclopedia. My suggestion is to buy more than one copy --- and pass the extra one around. It will surely edify and entertain anyone who loves the Catholic Church. Once I pick the book up,I find it VERY difficult to put it back down! I especially love studying Virginia's art. She's a contemporary genius! (Dan Paulos, artist)
on 16 November 2011
I bought this because I wanted to have to hand certain references concerning Catholicism. I've read so much online about this religion and was curious to see what a family member of mine believed in. I'm not a convert and never will be. If there's something I want to look up for reference purposes, there's plenty that has been included. If you look this up as a title, the front cover gives a short description of what's inside.
on 17 July 2015
Informed,needs to be updated,no criticism intended