on 28 June 2017
I never read these as a kid. Now I'm a dad, and I needed some English-language books to read to my son (his native language is Dutch).

At first he didn't want to read The Cat In The Hat - it didn't have a monster, a tiger or a pooping dinosaur on the cover.

Thankfully papa insisted. My lad was immediately transfixed. The story has a rhythm, it has been beautifully designed to be read out aloud. It feels like it was written using a small set of fairly short words; these are then smartly combined to keep text fresh and build the rhythm.

That was about a week ago; now my son is constantly asking papa to read the Cat Hat book. What more can I say? It's a masterpiece.
on 9 May 2017
A little like nonsense, but just enough sense. American, but not jarringly so. Kids liked it and I'm considering buying another one of his works.
on 10 May 2017
A wonderfully entertaining book, which is easy for young ones to cut their teeth on when starting to read, and good for the story readers too.
on 6 December 2013
I thought it was separate copies of 3 books but the 3 books are bound together in 1 book form. I bought this for young siblings and love it. This not only teaches love of playing with words, it also ignites imagination, creation, love for poetry and of books. What's not to like about this book? It is rare to get a book that helps a person develop so many talents.
on 13 March 2017
The book is in perfect condition and was delivered 4 days early, fantastic
Great book to read to my little boy
on 1 May 2017
My 3 year old daughter enjoys this story.
on 3 May 2015
As expected, the content is slightly edited to fit this format. The book is in good condition for a second hand nursery item. I am sure that my granddaughter will enjoy this when she is given this, and is read to from it.
on 12 June 2015
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter; she loves it and so do I! It's a good balance of humour and education at the same time. A must for every child's library.
on 18 April 2017