on 3 March 2009
The reason for buying this book is that I have a son who is doing his IGCSE's and is unsure of a direction to follow after school - not that many kids at 15 have any idea! Anyway, we thought it would be useful to read about different jobs and careers what they involve and any other information. There are so many paths to follow, especially when they are written down but the book separates the jobs into sections, so if your interest is in fashion it shows all the jobs or careers possible in that field. It is not too wordy but succinct and to the point.
on 20 July 2009
seems pretty comprehensive as a starting point from which to continue your research using the references provided
VINE VOICEon 7 June 2009
I bought this for my son who is choosing his options at school. I was a bit disappointed as the level of detail is poor for many careers. I could think of many careers that are not in the book and it lumps together similar jobs. The salary scales suggested seem way off for several jobs. They may reflect starting salaries but the range is not a true reflection on todays earnings, certainly for careers that I know about. So whilst OK I was a bit disappointed with this.