Customer reviews

on 22 November 2017
Yep that was a good book to anyone wishing to further their bee knowledge.
I expected even more details about bees biology but then it takes several books to really get to know any subject.... and repetition of information for it to sink in.
I recommend that book.
on 24 January 2011
I had this book for Christmas and it is the best book on bees I have read so far. The photographs are wonderful and the detail in the writing (without too much scientific jargon)is thought provoking and instructive. After each chapter I find myself thinking it all through but the writer is not afraid of stating categorically that there is much more to learn and that he doesn't know all the answers. The aspects of the bees' life that we do not understand are as fascinating as those that we do. I am constantly asking my family 'Did you know that........' and I am in danger of becoming a bee bore!! I am a fairly new beekeeper and beginning to look at my own bees in a different way. If you are interested in these fascinating insects you will not regret buying this book because it is an absolute joy.
on 24 April 2013
Although it loses something in the translation to English it is certainly thought provoking. The lack of references to check some of his statements/conclusions gets to be annoying as there are several areas eg empty cells in the brood nest delberately left for heater bees, where I frankly don't believe him. The photographs in the book are simply stunning and will be a major reason for the purchase of this book by those readers with less interest in the more scientific aspects of the work.
on 19 January 2016
I have been a beekeeper for fourty years and this is the best bee book I have read, it is not a "how to do it " book but an in depth look at the life of the bee and an insight to hive life,
on 20 March 2018
100%
on 2 January 2015
This is the absolute best book about the biology of the honeybees, fascinating to read even if you know nothing about bees, incredibly helpful if you deal with theses extraordinary insects
on 31 March 2018
Excellent writing, very informative and accessible from a scientist
on 26 April 2017
Good book
on 27 July 2017
Just had a quick thumb thru and this is a quality book with absolutely stunning photos looking forward to reading it in depth one of the best bee books that I have purchased.
on 5 August 2013
An excellent book, I can't praise it enough. I bought it for my partner who keeps bees and he is constantly dipping into it for new information. It is worth buying for the photos along. The book is full of really interesting information about these amazing creatures. Would definitely recommend the book despite the price. The author has a facebook page so we continue to get updates with recent research articles.