on 17 December 2016
Anybody debating over whether to buy this latest edition with the film poster cartoon cover or the older brown cover should definitely go for this one. I love these films anyway so I would not leave a bad review but the brown cover version is definitely taken from old video tape. Movie number one even suffers from audio drop out during the title song and the first few seconds of playback are just a black screen with audio. Not so on this new version. The picture comes straight in and even the opening bars of music are slightly different so this must be an altogether different print. The colours are more vibrant and the picture is sharper which is nice to see. OK so some of the humour might be dated now but the 60's and 70's were innocent days in hindsight where you could have a laugh without fear of offending anybody. These days we might think ourselves more enlightened but we are in reality more censored than ever. Never mind political correctness this is 70's comedy at it's best and Stan, Jack and Blakey are on sparkling form.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 November 2017
Superb and VERY BRITISH humour - ok it is not 'politically correct' - but lets be honest - I would much rather this and it like than the 'newer' films who seem to think outright nudity and foul language is acceptable! - Anyone think differently??
2 people found this helpful
on 27 April 2010
After seeing the TV series of On The Buses on Sky and instantly becoming hooked I decided to get the complete series and at the sametime I spotted the three films that were made off of the TV series, so I decided to get the films as well.

The superbly casted parts and superbly acted as well, make for a really good comedy. The films remain has good as the TV series and it has not been spoiled by making it into a film as some other TV series sometimes do.

I am a lover of 70s British comedy, and if you are too, then On The Buses has got to be included in your collection.

I have amassed a good collection of 70s comedy now such has, Love Thy Neighbour, Bless This House, On The Buses, Open All Hours, In Sickness & In Health, Till Death Us Do Part. Have a look on Amazon for them.
on 27 April 2018
Only get Hammer horror films as a rule, but my best friend is a massive On the Buses fan so I bought it for her to watch anytime she comes round as it's very good value considering it has all 3 films on it.
on 11 April 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the series, but it did not transfer to film. Far too tacky. The series kept the script tight, but in the films it was waffly and sloppy. Shame!
on 5 August 2016
This really took me back some years and my 5 year old Grandson watched it with me. I had forgotten about all the "saucy" scene's in it. But thankfully that appeared to go over his head as he spent most of the time laughing at the funnier scenes.
The DVD'S were of excellent quality and a great surprise as I thought I had only purchased one, so when I opened the case to fine two films I were delighted.
on 10 April 2018
Love these movies so many happy memories. Just make me smile and chuckle out loud. Me and my son have a bond tied into watching these films.
on 25 January 2016
On the buses movies series are a very good. The plots in the movie are more or less the same as you would see in the TV series. Only problem that I have with the TV series that is you have seen one and you have seen the whole lot as I feel that the TV series can be rather repetitive.
on 9 April 2017
Simply had to buy these 3 feature films of the fun and frolics of the On the Buses crew.
I already own the complete series of the original 7 series..so to complete my collection needed these 3 fun packed films,which are really enjoyable and will have you laughing from start to finish.
One person found this helpful
on 27 April 2017
This DVD is fantastic I remember watching in the seventies and eighties
One person found this helpful