on 4 February 2014
as short as it is, 100 pages, this novella packs a powerful punch!!

this is Tenzin's back story. if you haven't read the Elemental Mysteries, or the Elemental World books, you should! however, there isn't much of those books in this one and its not really necessary.

Tenzin is an old, very old wind vampire. Her human companion of 70 years is dying and wants to know hoe Tenzin came to be who, and more importantly, WHAT she is. this book is that story.

trying not to give anything away is hard, but...this book contains a great deal of violence, both towards Tenzin and others. I can see why Hunter found it difficult to write. it is very different from ALL the other books she had written. dark, and painful. it also gives you an insight into Tenzin as she was, and how she become such a powerful vampire.

seriously good writing, Ms Hunter. thank you!

now, go read it!!
on 28 March 2016
Wow what a story I always new Tenzins story was going To be a tough story to tell because you always got a feeling that Tenzins life was a difficult one . But wow what a life and considering it is a short story it delivered and delivered extremely well .I have liked Tenzin all through the books she is funny and vicious in the books you always new she had a, hard life but now we know just how hard . A fantastic story that needed to be told I think it ha s come a t the right t time in the series of book s because we have be r n getting to know one w her as the books h ave been written it feels e 's time to real k y know o w what a t s h e went through . Well done Elizabeth another masterpiece I think th ok s j u st might be my favourite yet keep up the good work thoroughly h lyndsie enjoying the books
on 15 April 2015
There is just something about Elizabeth and the way she writes this series. A destiny to write about these characters that are so believable even though the story is so make believe. It really feels as if I'm reading a true story and its that that sets her elemental books apart from her other series and other authors. Something mystical, elemental even occurs when reading this series and the bronze blade was no exception. Tenzin is a great character with unimaginable depths. I thoroughly enjoyed the bronze blade. As always am eagerly anticipating anything else from this series.
on 23 March 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this what a great a read ! Was a little shocked at the start by the language that the author used and the brutality that was described so vividly but I think was the author's intention!
on 30 April 2014
This is was a short but informative background of little Wind ElementTenzin (part of the ancient immortal court) one of my favourite characters from the Elemental Mysteries Series I have to admit that it was a bit bleak and sad at times but I shouted for joy when Tenzin beautifully decapitated her tormentors! Elizabeth is a great author and I hope that she has more instalments in the wings for this series.
on 9 March 2014
Although a short story it is actually very important in the Elemental storyline as having read this it gives you an understanding of why Tenzin is so mysterious & withdrawn. It also provides an insight into how far she has had to travel to be able to even remotely trust those rare few she regards as friends. An excellent must read.
on 18 March 2014
At last the story of the air vampire. It was the only piece missing from the series, however it did take more thought than the other books. I am so glad that I took the time to read this as it made more sense of some of the actions she did in the other books. Well worth reading
on 5 February 2014
Having been an avid follower of all the Elemental books, I was always keen to know more about Tenzin's background. However, whilst one would expect Tenzin to have endured a fair amount of suffering in her early life given the era in which she was turned, this book was relentless in delivery with frequent references to gore and violence, a surprising amount of which was crammed into this novella.
It was good to have explored this character more thoroughly as she was such a vital part of the story in the first four Elemental books, but I can't help but think it might have been easier on the reader to have been given these details in the form of flashbacks as part of a full-length novel in the manner Giovanni's history was covered in A Fall Of Water.
An entertaining read nonetheless.
on 6 July 2014
Elizabeth Hunter is just my favorite author - it has to be said. Love her stories - I find myself getting very absorbed. Love this new series! Preordered the 2nd book of the series - that is how much I liked it.
on 26 March 2014
I cannot believe I have finished all the elemental mysteries and world books and novella, brilliantly written and such fantastic books. Wish this one would have been a longer book, read this in a day. Brilliant and a must read. Thank you.