on 2 January 2017
This little book of wisdom saved me in the darkest hours of my life. Coming quite unexpectedly out of a very passionate but traumatic 10 year relationship, my world has fallen apart. Being unable to eat, sleep or refrain from crying, I downloaded this just before midnight and the dawning of 2017. Thank goodness I did because a couple of hours later I had gained some perspective, self respect and coping tools to go forward. I've read and re-read it and have highlighted text to help, remind and reassure me. I'm just about to read part 2 for further insight and wisdom....Thank you to the author for her friendship and guidance during this time. So very helpful and appreciated xx
on 9 September 2013
This is a must-have Bible, Guide and Friend to have on your kindle for anyone who has loved and lost and is left bereft, distressed and confused. The author speaks to you like your best friend would when you are in the first stages of a break-up and cannot stop crying; she passes you imaginary tissues through the wires and takes you on an awesome journey through the painful stages from heartbreak on to recovery where you realise that there is a fantastic life out there for you after your ex-partner has callously dumped you all of a sudden, often for no reason. I was enamoured by her sensible style of writing and her advice makes you think twice about becoming a desperate doormat. She explains the 'No-Contact' rule of thumb and everything in this book makes sense. At the end of this book I now have absolutely no longing to get back to my ex-partner, he is a has-been and my future is now so very positive and bright.

I would recommend this book for anyone who is heartbroken and distressed; he or she does not deserve your tears and they do not deserve the inflated ego-trip you could easily give them if you let them know that you miss them so much. Save your loving nature for someone who deserves you and enjoy reading this book. It is a superb tonic.
on 23 August 2013
Who of us hasn’t been affected by a break-up? For all who have lived through the bleak days of heartbreak, this book will teach you how to use your brain, rather than your heart, to best look after yourself, and to stop obsessing about the past, avoid repeated mistakes and move on positively.

Author, Magda Brajer, writes honestly about her own experiences with heartbreak and includes examples from her own life as she helps us to understand our own pain, control our erratic post-break-up emotions, and set boundaries to live by. Brajer provides detailed analysis of the stages of break-up and offers solutions to break-up questions and situations: should I call him, what will happen when I see him again, etc.

Reading this book is like having a conversation with a close friend who has all the right answers! Short of handing you tissues and holding your hand through your break-up, ‘The Break-up Bible’ is both informative and comforting. Brajer offers tips and strategies that help you move on and learn from your experiences.
on 24 September 2016
It was a real eye opener for both my own behaviour and his. I totally blamed myself, but I realised that it was mostly him in the end. This book not only helped me see that, but gave me positive strategies to stop my self sabotaging my own recovery.
on 7 July 2017
I like that this book is straight to the point, like the friend you need that is harsh but tells you as it is (exactly what you need in a post-breakup funk) but with some really helpful and practical advice. It took me a long time to read this book fully, mostly because I'd read a chapter and then not want to hear anymore in my stubborn state. But honestly, if you need a bit of help post-break up, get this book now!
on 2 July 2015
No nonsense, funny and hugely helpful advice for anyone going through the horror of true heartbreak. I read it in one sitting (with a bottle of wine - I know the author would not approve 😊) and feel more positive after two hours than I have in two weeks. I've usually got no truck with 'self-help' b*llocks but this is just good, old-fashioned common sense. I will be re-reading it on a regular basis in the weeks to come, I think - no better recommendation than that! Onwards, people!
on 1 April 2014
The most important thing I found in this book: that I should stop contacting him and how to find emotional strength to do it! This can be played down by anyone who doesn't understand how difficult this is to execute after being dumped and being left shocked and heartbroken. but anyone that has been in this position will know what I'm talking about. Chapter about internet breakup is a must! I don't think for a second that my ex wont enter my mind again after reading this book but I like that it has reassured me that I will find someone who deserves me and showed me how to value myself more in the future. Just about everything in this book makes perfect sense and Im sticking by it from now on. A must for any woman that cant let go.
on 17 April 2015
This not only helped me with my break up I actually got my ex back and now our relationship is so much improved - I recommend this book to everyone who's been dumped - it's your own break up buddy - thankyou
on 25 May 2017
It started off ok but it felt more like a book for break up in your teens or 20's. Not much good for a marriage break up when you have children, there's no mention of dealing with a break up with children involved. Didn't get much from the book being a 40 something bit of a waste of money.
on 10 May 2015
Really useful tips and advice. When all your friends have had enough of hearing it, this book will calm you, challenge you and encourage you to change for the better! Not only that, it'll distract you for a couple of hours from calling that douche you broke up with lol