on 21 September 2010
I love children's novels that have a moral to it, and this book has exactly that. The illustrations are colourful and a delight to look at. This is the type of novel that you could sit down with and read with your child easily. The adults reading this book to the child can relate back easily to Andy's other novel `The Butterfly Effect', not just through the butterfly illustrations but through the moral and text.
This book teaches children that the minor events that they desire to accomplish in the world can make a huge difference to the world's events today. This novel is easy enough for a 4-5 year old to read but a child of 9-10 to slightly understand what it's about. I think it's a brilliant idea to teach children about the world and how we can impact it but I think this novel will be a bit complicating to comprehend and grasp at that age. I truly believe that Andy meant well with this novel to get children to dip into history a bit but I really believe that this is for the elder children.
Overall a great story for children even if the children are a bit young to understand it.
on 26 January 2011
This book is very short I thought from the description it would take us some time to read, the coloured pictures are lovely but I don't think worth the money...read it to my 6 yr old maybe it will be better when he is older??