Customer reviews

on 2 April 2014
This novel is an extraordinary adventure. It shows heroism, love, compassion, and friendship. When reading this book you get swept into an astronomical world of fantasy, where 4 companies of an 'Armada' are competing to win a deadly tournament, and the weakest team of which sees our befuddled hero Mitch Mongoose recruited. In this epic battle between good and evil, troopers use 'cybertonics' to enhance their bodies, leaves are chewed to give superhuman abilities and an original gadget lies around every corner.

Mackin's writing style is intelligent and imaginative without pretension or condescension, making TBFPE something everyone (old and young) can appreciate and learn from. I suggest that everyone throughout the world should read this enthrawling tale.

I can't wait for the sequel- bring on 'The Girl from Outer Space'. (or whatever you decide to call it!).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 April 2014
After reading this I just couldn't not write my first book review! It was great - full of one nail biting adventure after another, innovative gadgets and murder mystery set in another galaxy. I just loved Mitch's bravery as he jumped head first into his training missions, faced untold dangers and tried to figure out who he could trust and who might be trying to kill him. Really exciting.

It's definitely a great read for both children and adults. Something to completely immerse yourself in. Getting to the end was just too quick for me (even though it isn't actually a short book) and am now just going to have to wait patiently for the next installment - better not be too long as I got pretty attached to Mitch and I want to know what happens next!!

More please!!